When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I wonder if Israel are having people wait 15 minutes after the jab before they leave. Not having to do that would probably speed things up a lot.

Not sure. It would certainly accelerate things. 

i think the other thing is that they are also highly computerised, far more than our programme. A lot of the q&a could be done prior to attendance and logged automatically. They have a centralised health database.  Not sure if it's the same nationally in the UK but the hospital hubs and the GPs running in my area are still currently paper based with subsequent data entry onto the creaking NHS systems.

Edited by Copperface

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

You're saying you know more than the UK medical experts who have ok'd it?

That's quite a jump to make. No. But it is still cutting corners, but justified from a public health perspective.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I wonder if Israel are having people wait 15 minutes after the jab before they leave. Not having to do that would probably speed things up a lot.

I wouldn't think the waiting is done in the same 'seat' as the vaccination thereby causing a 15 minute delay to the next patient, rather they would sit elsewhere under observation.

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

20 minutes ago, Copperface said:

That's quite a jump to make. No. But it is still cutting corners, but justified from a public health perspective.

If its okd by the medical authority then thats fine by me tbh.

but fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

Edited by zahidf

2 hours ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Exactly - like all the other country to country comparisons it's of limited use. 

Its not a race against other countries. Its not even a race at all. 

Yeah its really stupid, I don't understand the rushing of the vaccine process. It needs to be done methodically and properly ffs - otherwise a huge cock up coild be on the cards.

2 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Yeah its really stupid, I don't understand the rushing of the vaccine process. It needs to be done methodically and properly ffs - otherwise a huge cock up coild be on the cards.

To an extent. Faster you vaccinate the better because its an exponentially growing pandemic. Countries like France need to stop faffing around.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

To an extent. Faster you vaccinate the better because its an exponentially growing pandemic. Countries like France need to stop faffing around.

Thats true, but its a brand new vaccine and a novel virus - it just needs to be done properly. Fucking the vaccination process up because it was rushed could be equally as catastrophic. 

Chris Whitty to front warning ads as UK Covid deaths hit new daily peak

Amid growing concern in government over compliance with lockdown rules, Chris Whitty will be the face of adverts on radio, TV and social media from Friday evening. Urging people to behave as cautiously as if they are already infected, he said: “Covid-19, especially the new variant, is spreading quickly across the country. This puts many people at risk of serious disease and is placing a lot of pressure on our NHS.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/08/uk-covid-deaths-reach-new-daily-peak-and-set-to-stay-there-a-month

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:

Thats true, but its a brand new vaccine and a novel virus - it just needs to be done properly. Fucking the vaccination process up because it was rushed could be equally as catastrophic. 

They've had several months to sort it out to some degree. France setting their vaccine strategy from next week is a joke!

Sunak has somehow emerged from this all this unscathed and popular despite being the one who’s persuaded Boris Johnson to do all his blunders- he introduced him to the BS scientists who believed we’d already achieved herd immunity in September and who wrote that BS Huntington deceleration (or whatever it was called then) back then. He opposed further lockdowns at each of the crucial junctures, he claimed there was no money for 80% furlough when Manchester needed it, then suddenly found a whole wad of cash when suddenly the south was afflicted. But he wined and dined the media and they thought he was handsome so he’s faced zero scrutiny.

• Upvote 1

Sunak's greatest virtue is that he's able to appear on TV for ten minutes without seeming like he's said anything objectively ridiculous, blatantly lied, or metaphorically kicked himself in the dick (this is not the same thing as actually not being awful). Its an incredibly low bar, but one that the rest of the cabinet almost unanimously fail to clear on a regular basis.

• Like 1

Anyone else get random new members joined site 5 minutes ago and start downvoting posts from 10 months ago?  It's the incel infestation.

Latest is Mollyrodnick.

Think its the strange person from last year who kept turning up under multiple accounts on various threads.

1 hour ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I wouldn't think the waiting is done in the same 'seat' as the vaccination thereby causing a 15 minute delay to the next patient, rather they would sit elsewhere under observation.

I get that, but having to have some capacity to hold people for 15 mins makes quite a difference to the setup you need.  My local chemist with 3 seats in it couldn't inject people as fast as for the flu jab.  Those three (or even 4 or 5 if they ignored social distancing) would fill up pretty quickly.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9125621/Jonathan-Van-Tam-went-curry-Boris-Johnson-told-Londoners-avoid-restaurants.html

This totally normal article from the mail appears to be tracking JVT’s every move. Bad enough that they’ve published exactly what he ate when on an essential trip when eating in restaurants was only advised against (not banned), but they also suggest he dined with a companion in the same restaurant on a different occasion.

Bizarre stuff from the mail.