When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

😁

To be honest, at this stage, I'd take any of them! If push came to shove and I was offered a choice, Pfizer.

Yes same here but if someone is asking me to choose I l know I don't have enough knowledge to make the choice by myself. I certainly wouldn't pick one based on where it was made. If I get the choice I'll go Pfizer now though!

Just now, parsonjack said:

You beat me to it 👍

😁 The newer efficacy data for the AZ shot has definitely made the choice less straightforward (it's really unlikely you'd have a choice anyway) and we do have longer follow up data on adenoviral vaccines compared to the mRNA ones, but, they look extremely good. The Moderna shot is almost identical, but it's their first ever product to hit the clinic (though they are using experienced manufacturers to make it). Really though, any of them would do (and the J&J one most likely very shortly as well). 

5 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

😁 The newer efficacy data for the AZ shot has definitely made the choice less straightforward (it's really unlikely you'd have a choice anyway) and we do have longer follow up data on adenoviral vaccines compared to the mRNA ones, but, they look extremely good. The Moderna shot is almost identical, but it's their first ever product to hit the clinic (though they are using experienced manufacturers to make it). Really though, any of them would do (and the J&J one most likely very shortly as well). 

The modern ceo said he thinks their vaccine will last a couple of years--does this make it more likely the oxford one will also have that kind of life span or are they so different that it could have a much longer lifespan? Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

cures cancer too.

Actually, before all this started, BioNTech published a lovely paper in Science showing their vaccine used in combination with CAR-T cells for personalised cancer treatment. It’s mostly what these companies were looking at, they just pivoted to CoV vaccines once it was clear we had a problem. This pandemic is a double edged sword for cancer outcomes. On the one hand, delayed treatments and diagnoses will lead to more cancer patients succumbing to their disease, but we’ve probably accelerated cancer vaccines by 5-10 years by proving the technology works and is safe in large numbers of people. It’s not a trade off that you’d want to make, but at least it’s something (still a lot of work involved in developing personalised cancer vaccines, but we took a big step forward this year). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Odd !! 

13596A6F-52EE-492D-93DD-AF082EBF8157.png

8BFB1FEC-D59E-4148-AE10-10BB84BDCEAE.png

@crazyfool1 Did you book your test through the app if so this is what happens.  It resets the isolation period to start from today or the day you booked the test.  If your test comes book negative then it should reset back then.  Fingers crossed that it comes back negative for you.

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

The modern ceo said he thinks their vaccine will last a couple of years--does this make it more likely the oxford one will also have that kind of life span or are they so different that it could have a much longer lifespan? Thanks! 

I don’t think any of them know to be honest. It may be that it protects you from severe disease for life for all we know but doesn’t stop mild disease after a year or two (they all elicit very similar immune responses). The antibodies will wane (we don’t keep tons of antibodies circulating in our blood for ever as eventually our blood would be just antibodies!), but if the memory b-cells that make the antibodies last a long time, then you are looking at a 3 day infection before your immune system remembers it and clobbers it (and it usually takes a few days after you get infected before you develop any symptoms). Until we see in a year, two, three, nobody can say with any certainty. 

Just now, Steveb72 said:

@crazyfool1 Did you book your test through the app if so this is what happens.  It resets the isolation period to start from today or the day you booked the test.  If your test comes book negative then it should reset back then.  Fingers crossed that it comes back negative for you.

it was showing 6 days .... then jumped to 11 an hour or so later  ..... and then I booked the test .... so ive no idea whats going on ....  thanks 🙂 trying to figure out why I pinged 🙂 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just popped my test in the post. Hope it's negative as we were due to do a big food shop this weekend and our local Tesco has no online delivery slots until the 23rd! Deliveroo it will have to be then...

keep checking every so often ... especially if you are up in the early hours ... often slots become available at random times 

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just popped my test in the post. Hope it's negative as we were due to do a big food shop this weekend and our local Tesco has no online delivery slots until the 23rd! Deliveroo it will have to be then...

Also don’t know if you have near you, but worth checking out Iceland delivery slots. 
They are the only ones we could get in the first lockdown, similar situation for my grandparents, and we all found lots of convenient slots and very little substitutions. 
Most people just think of your Asda/Tesco/Sainsbury’s etc

Just now, Chawk said:

We could share reg numbers and set up a group? 😛

ha ha .... ive managed to get one ... no issues ... next tue .... of course it will differ according to location though 🙂 ......but they have increased the slots massively so its very likely some become available 

2 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

Also don’t know if you have near you, but worth checking out Iceland delivery slots. 
They are the only ones we could get in the first lockdown, similar situation for my grandparents, and we all found lots of convenient slots and very little substitutions. 

Added benefit of being the only supermarket that sell Greggs sausage rolls, literally the best food ever invented. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

I don’t think any of them know to be honest. It may be that it protects you from severe disease for life for all we know but doesn’t stop mild disease after a year or two (they all elicit very similar immune responses). The antibodies will wane (we don’t keep tons of antibodies circulating in our blood for ever as eventually our blood would be just antibodies!), but if the memory b-cells that make the antibodies last a long time, then you are looking at a 3 day infection before your immune system remembers it and clobbers it (and it usually takes a few days after you get infected before you develop any symptoms). Until we see in a year, two, three, nobody can say with any certainty. 

Thanks again! Think we've all learned a lot from your posts! 

3 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

Morrisons are another option that a lot don't realise are delivering now. Think they only started in 2020

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

It’s probably wise to cancel the season and just have Liverpool remain champions, for health reasons of course...

At least they could ( potentially )celebrate last years trophy at some point then ..... wondering how they could celebrate it officially if its already gone to someone else 

School Update: 

I have agreed to do the two days I am on the rota for after chatting to my Nan as the chances of having to mix with people is significantly low. 

I asked if it would be ok to stream my lesson from home tomorrow (I have only the one lesson tomorrow, Period 1, with 1 student in school and the rest at home) as they are still making all staff come in and I don’t feel comfortable with that. They replied saying no, I have to be in school, unless I submit a Leave of Absence form, which they won’t be paying me for. 

I’ve sent the form in. Take my day’s wages, you fucking c**ts. 

Edited by Andre91