When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

21 hours ago, northernringo said:

NI's 7 day rolling average didn't increase today which is maybe a glimmer of hope (it dropped by 1!).

Possibly not much in it, and our levels are much higher than pretty much anywhere at the minute, but hopefully we have reached or are close to our 'peak'

Cases went up from yesterday's figure but another drop in the 7 day average here (we have been in lockdown since Boxing day really but I think more measures are coming in on Friday).

7 day average down from 663.6 to 645.4 (per 100k).

Edited by northernringo

The seven mass vaccination centres set to open next week have been outlined - with venues in London, Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Surrey and Stevenage.

As PA Media reports, the prime minister’s spokesman told a Westminster briefing that the centres would include Robertson House in Stevenage; the ExCel Centre in London; the Centre for Life in Newcastle and the Etihad Tennis Centre in Manchester.

The other three are Epsom Downs Racecourse in Surrey; Ashton Gate Stadium in Bristol and Millennium Point in Birmingham.

The spokesman said he expected the centres to be run with a combination of NHS staff and volunteers.

1 hour ago, hodgey123 said:

You are exactly right on the other point - the businesses do not gain from forcing their workers to keep stores open in any sense and actually lose out financially and with the resentment caused. The same thing happened last March and Costa ultimately shut their stores after a few days of struggling to keep them open. Let's see if that happens again this time.

I've honestly never known an atmosphere as toxic at work as there was during those 3 weeks we had to reopen

1 minute ago, philipsteak said:

I've honestly never known an atmosphere as toxic at work as there was during those 3 weeks we had to reopen

Mine was fairly similar today when people found out about a colleagues positive test from one of the instore janitors ... still trying to work out after a meeting with the store manager what they should be telling other colleagues ... it was a mutiny when I arrived at 6am .... should the name of the colleague be given out ? Or is there some data protection law or similar that prevents this ? How do close contacts know to also isolate ? Apart from the app pinging them if they have it ... and I suppose the colleagues memory when he talks to contact tracers ? 

Just off the phone to track & trace.

Didn’t ask me for any details of people I had been in contact with bar who I live with. Therefore my Wife and Daughter.

Asked where I’d been between 25th Dec & 29th Dec but not the 48 hours before symptoms started which is what I thought they’d be most interested in?

All in all found it a bit vague.

Did at least confirm I can come out of isolation as of 00:01 on Tuesday. This conflicts with what my app says but I’d expect nothing less from our government!

So I don't think this has been mentioned (though I only skimmed through the last few pages to catch up).

The Public Assessment Report for the Oxford/AZ vaccine has been published today. Is anyone (most likely meaning @Toilet Duck) able to identify if there's any new data of significance in there? I scanned through but all that data makes my eyes glaze over..

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Flying ain't safe

Long haul flying ain't safe you mean.

That's a 15 hour flight, meaning much higher chance for virus to spread and imagine maskwearing also more lax (and much more eating and drinking with masks off).

Hard to draw any conclusions from it on short haul. For short haul you could also ban eating and drinking (Thai have already)