When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

There is this false assumption that teacher's didn't want to go back to school and in my experience this is utter bollocks.

I can only give you my experience. 

I am a teacher in a primary school and also have friends in other schools and none of us know anyone that wanted the schools to close. In fact, we all wanted the massive lockdown but keep primary schools open. 

Unions DO NOT speak for the majority of teachers. The rarely do.

The teachers I know feel the same and just wanted clear guidance. Even if Spaffer had made the decision at the weekend, they’d have had some time to put together a virtual learning plan. Instead it’s all this safe/not safe nonsense which takes its toll on every aspect of their lives.

4 hours ago, Matt86 said:

Hi everyone ^^ Well, there's 2 reasons why we have only vaccinated something like 500 people so far in France..

First of all, you are right, the government will NEVER admit it, but they want to sell the Sanofi vaccin ... thats a big shame...

But the main reason is that they didn't plan anything.  I know it sounds unbelievable, but it is true. It's like they got the Pfizer vaccines delivered and then " ok, we have it ! now ... what do we do exactly ...?"

We are very angry about their incapacity of anticipating the situation, they lie by telling us "no thats normal, we have a different approach blablabla...". That's BS. They just fucked up, once again, very bad work from our government. Now I'm sure we won't have any festivals in France this Summer .. and I was hoping that England will find a way to make festivals live again this Summer ! , until I saw the possible Glastonbury cancellation + total lockdown until February ... 😞

Sacre Bleu - that's not possible no other governments make mistakes. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

also they're looking at extra measures to restrict international travel.

So after 10 months, they're now 'looking at" it.

The UK must have the weakest borders of anywhere in the world (ironic given how obsessed with borders this lot are).

How much longer to make a decision? Another 10 months?

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

So after 10 months, they're now 'looking at" it.

The UK must have the weakest borders of anywhere in the world (ironic given how obsessed with borders this lot are).

How much longer to make a decision? Another 10 months?

I was thinking the same thing. Considering how obsessed they are about closing borders it’s odd they don’t act when it’s actually needed. 

Of all the deep and gratuitous fuck ups of the last few months, few confuse me more, or are probably more damaging, than the complete lack of any protocols at airports/regarding incoming travelers

Edited by waltere

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Teachers are having to go in because some kids still have to go in...right?

We are still going in for children of key workers and vulnerable children (those with special needs/parents who may need support), we did this during the last spring too. I think teachers did want to keep schools open but purely from a health POV is wasn’t safe to in the usual manner of having 30 kids in a class because despite them being less susceptible it doesn’t stop staff/families/local communities catching it 

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Gove has said students should stay where they are during lockdown, and also they're looking at extra measures to restrict international travel.

And yet my partner is still having to go to his job on campus because the university seem to consider having the library open to be essential...

7 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Hopefully you have a speedy recovery and don't feel too unwell. 

Any ideas at all where you might have picked it up? 

That's a bit like asking someone where they were when they lost something isn't it? 😃

I don't know to be honest. Most likely either when I took my daughter swimming I'd have thought or a supermarket. 

Not been at work since before Christmas, not been out apart from those things and anyone who I was in contact with over Christmas hasn't showed symptoms / had a positive test.

Touch wood i'll be fine it's nothing more than a cold with loss of taste / smell thrown in at the moment.

25 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Teachers are having to go in because some kids still have to go in...right?

Yes. Some classes are still at least half full with vulnerable and key worker children. Whilst they also have to provide o line working. We also have the depressing knowledge that much of the progress will be undone and the children with shit parents will watch TV for 5 weeks.

Edited by danbailey80

4 minutes ago, waltere said:

Of all the deep and gratuitous fuck ups of the last few months, few confuse me, or are probably more damaging, than the complete lack of any protocols at airports/regarding incoming travelers

And why is Patel completely silent on this? People are coming here from South Africa today unchecked on her watch.

Could someone point out to her that she's the Home Secretary.

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

That's a bit like asking someone where they were when they lost something isn't it? 😃

I don't know to be honest. Most likely either when I took my daughter swimming I'd have thought or a supermarket. 

Not been at work since before Christmas, not been out apart from those things and anyone who I was in contact with over Christmas hasn't showed symptoms / had a positive test.

Touch wood i'll be fine it's nothing more than a cold with loss of taste / smell thrown in at the moment.

Appreciate that was just curious if you had an gut feeling as to where it might have been. I think supermarkets are the place I've noticed the greatest relaxation of restrictions since the first lockdown they now just seem normal and like they have abandoned a lot of the traffic management around the stores. 

A friend of mine tested positive over new year and he said similar supermarket, or when he and his wife took their daughter to the health centre as well he hasn't been anywhere else! He lives in a country with lot lower (known) cases than us. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Gove has said that some restrictions could be lifted in March, but not all.

I'm guessing that we'll go back to regional tiers, and then different regions tier level will be reduced as hopefully things improve. We may well have the tier thing for a while though.

Johnson said the same in his address last night. That when vaccine numbers are higher we can hopefully bring areas back down tiers. That’s a good approach in my mind do it cautiously to see how the virus numbers react.