When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Same here, I’ve got sky sports, bt  sports, amazon prime sports and the internet channel of the club I support.   Over the festive period I could have watched footy from late morning till night time.  You just have to try and ration how much you watch and get out in the fresh air. 

Edit,   To prove the point, Typing this whilst watching the Liverpool Southampton game! 

I’ve watched waaaay too much football due to Covid. I don’t smoke but I compare it to fags, it’s like a weird addiction but I generally don’t enjoy the games that much but end up watching them all. 

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’ve watched waaaay too much football due to Covid. I don’t smoke but I compare it to fags, it’s like a weird addiction but I generally don’t enjoy the games that much but end up watching them all. 

Yeah, I've chosen a really bad time to not find football as interesting as I used to. Weirdly I find I tend to concentrate more on a game when I'm watching it with someone else.

My attention span has also chosen a cracking time to decide it can't be bothered with reading either!

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yeah, I've chosen a really bad time to not find football as interesting as I used to. Weirdly I find I tend to concentrate more on a game when I'm watching it with someone else.

My attention span has also chosen a cracking time to decide it can't be bothered with reading either!

Yeah, I actually went back to the lockdown 1 keyboard I bought to learn the piano just the other day, gave up after 5 minutes. Everything is now just soooo boring. 

7 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yeah, I actually went back to the lockdown 1 keyboard I bought to learn the piano just the other day, gave up after 5 minutes. Everything is now just soooo boring. 

Lego is what you need - buy yourself a big set and limit yourself to one bag a night it's really relaxing.  

I've just set myself the target of stripping the very old paint off the cellar walls over lockdown 3.0 as I've got no other jobs I'm capable of doing round the house.

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter

2 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Lego is what you need - buy yourself a big set and limit yourself to one bag a night it's really relaxing.  

I've just set myself the target of stripping the very old paint off the cellar walls over lockdown 3.0 as I've got no other jobs I'm capable of doing round the house.

The downside of Lego is finding where to put it all. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The downside of Lego is finding where to put it all. 

Yep. I think we need a new house. 

We made a last minute dash to the Lego shop this evening as we had promised the boy a trip there in a week's time to get a Lego set he has been saving for... He spent more than he has saved but it can be part of his home schooling I guess. 

1 minute ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Yep. I think we need a new house. 

We made a last minute dash to the Lego shop this evening as we had promised the boy a trip there in a week's time to get a Lego set he has been saving for... He spent more than he has saved but it can be part of his home schooling I guess. 

You buy Lego for kids??? They might lose pieces 😬

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

You buy Lego for kids??? They might lose pieces 😬

He has classic for being creative with and he has the sets that my other half inspects on a regular basis. We have all the manuals in freezer bags, and I've just ordered a shit load of spare wands for the Harry Potter sets and dinosaur eggs as that is the number 1 cause if arguments in our house. Child plays with Lego, child loses wand or egg, partner and child hunt for it and fall out. I'm stuck in middle. So I've ordered a secret stash so I can always 'find' the missing part and get back to peace and tranquility. Big fan of invest to save!

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter

52 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Same here, I’ve got sky sports, bt  sports, amazon prime sports and the internet channel of the club I support.   Over the festive period I could have watched footy from late morning till night time.  You just have to try and ration how much you watch and get out in the fresh air. 

Edit,   To prove the point, Typing this whilst watching the Liverpool Southampton game! 

Living the dream:

• Like 1

I've bought a few Lepin sets recently (Chinese copy lego) and I've been relatively impressed. Contemplating getting the millenium falcon for this lockdown. They just don't number the bags so its more time consuming but time is something I have alot of now it seems.

23 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Can’t because of the sporting calendar. I know it sounds easy, but it just isn’t. 

It's an achievement they were even able to move it the first time tbh.

Difficult to guess what way its going to go tbf. Needs cases to come down in Japan first.

18 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

You would also run into Typhoon season in Japan, I had to hunker down in my hotel for 24 hours in early October during the Rugby World Cup.

It's frankly mad F1 keeps holding the Japanese Grand Prix at that time of year given there's been a lot of times over the years when its ended up being disrupted by typhoons.

3 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

I've bought a few Lepin sets recently (Chinese copy lego) and I've been relatively impressed. Contemplating getting the millenium falcon for this lockdown. They just don't number the bags so its more time consuming but time is something I have alot of now it seems.

I wish they did Star Trek Lego 😞 

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

It's an achievement they were even able to move it the first time tbh.

Difficult to guess what way its going to go tbf. Needs cases to come down in Japan first.

It's frankly mad F1 keeps holding the Japanese Grand Prix at that time of year given there's been a lot of times over the years when its ended up being disrupted by typhoons.

I was over for the Rugby but also got tickets for the Grand Prix, did Practice on the Friday, the Saturday qualifying was abandoned, however qualifying plus race on the Sunday was a great day.