When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Given that vaccinations are of a finite number and parts of the NHS only had three weeks left in it, why aren't we diverting 100% of the vaccines to front line NHS workers? 

As unpalatable as it might be as it would almost certainly lead to the deaths of some older people, would the collapse of the NHS not cost more lives, especially those who would otherwise survive if there were still a functioning NHS? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Given that vaccinations are of a finite number and parts of the NHS only had three weeks left in it, why aren't we diverting 100% of the vaccines to front line NHS workers? 

As unpalatable as it might be as it would almost certainly lead to the deaths of some older people, would the collapse of the NHS not cost more lives, especially those who would otherwise survive if there were still a functioning NHS? 

These are exactly the sort of brave and difficult decisions a responsible and capable government has to make swiftly. Even if they get them wrong sometimes. Oh wait....

7 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

but, doesn't necessarily stop people working for NHS catching it and passing it on? We'll just stop them getting badly ill from it...that's all we know at moment, right?

Just now, steviewevie said:

but, doesn't necessarily stop people working for NHS catching it and passing it on? We'll just stop them getting badly ill from it...that's all we know at moment, right?

The 80 year old isn't going to treat anyone though. If I'm rushed to hospital with Covid needing treatment frankly the fact they might give me Covid is the least of my problems. 

1 minute ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

The 80 year old isn't going to treat anyone though. If I'm rushed to hospital with Covid needing treatment frankly the fact they might give me Covid is the least of my problems. 

yes, but if an NHS worker gets the vaccine they can still catch it, and then would still need self isolate, wouldn't they? It doesn't actually help the NHS from being overwhelmed...?

18 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

The tiered system was devised by the Dept Health's JCVI team (not the government)... it's a very valid point, you could also make a strong case for teachers too.

There are quite a decent proportion of NHS staff that are already getting the vaccine, 3 of our Glastonbury group out of 5 nurses have had it. I know that's a small sample but every medical worker at the vaccination centre I've been working in has had the jab (Say around 30 people) and that's just one location.

Edited by Avalon_Fields