When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I don’t understand why they’re talking about mixing the two? What’s the justification? Not enough doses of one of them? 

And why aren’t they on schedule? You’d think they’d be able to sort the logistics out, they’ve had long enough to plan, what’s the hold up? 

10 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Hospital full, patients waiting in ambulances to be admitted & key frontline staff nursing covid patients being told they will not receive the vaccination until at least 2 more weeks have passed, that's the reality of the situation. Hancock was wise enough not to over promise but his boss just can't help himself.

what a nightmare, probably going to get worse over next few weeks too.

6 minutes ago, Pipine said:

I don’t understand why they’re talking about mixing the two? What’s the justification? Not enough doses of one of them? 

And why aren’t they on schedule? You’d think they’d be able to sort the logistics out, they’ve had long enough to plan, what’s the hold up? 

I think the plan is not to mix unless they really have to as a last resort, if run out of vaccines or something.

What they need to do is communicate this properly, otherwise people are going to lose confidence in these vaccines and the govt strategy.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Plenty of people are arguing against the dosage delay.

yeah, they are..a lot of older people who have had the first jab don't feel protected enough until get 2nd one, and now that's been delayed. They need reassurance about the level of immunity they should already have from first.

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t think anyone’s arguing against the 1 dose v 2 dose, however people are questioning the mixing of different vaccines in people. 

Yeah I can see the thinking behind delaying the second dose.

On mixing medicine, I can only think its been changed for flexibility sakes. Its saying you CAN do it, not that you SHOULD. If in 3 months time evidence shows its safe to do so, then they have the ability to do it like that. (I believe there is a mixing medicine trial starting to that effect)

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that appears to be a local decision as it's not the case everywhere.

Much like most of the time in the NHS, its a postcode lottery...

I wouldn't be surprised if London is quietly going to get more vaccinations.. 

Edited by zahidf

I think they should cancel the GCSEs and A levels and use assessed grades, the stress to kids and school staff is just going to be too much. Maybe then they could just concentrate on actually teaching them stuff instead of training them to pass some sort of exam with some yet to be decided content. If they decide early than schools and kids have time to adjust and make the most of what school time they have left.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, zahidf said:

Which is is unfortunately how vaccinations will probably go

yep, and the people complaining loudest will generally be the people who want those local decisions because they believe they'll magically then be closer the front of the queue.

Just like with grammar schools, where everyone who approves of them believes they (their kids) will definitely be the ones to benefit from them when the reality is 60% of people's kids aren't 'smart' enough to get a place.

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think the plan is not to mix unless they really have to as a last resort, if run out of vaccines or something.

What they need to do is communicate this properly, otherwise people are going to lose confidence in these vaccines and the govt strategy.

There are still large swathes of the general public who believe they’re doing a good job given the ‘unprecedented’ circumstances. They even still offer the ‘imagine if Corbyn was in charge’ defence... This government can get away with anything.

29 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Much like most of the time in the NHS, its a postcode lottery...

I wouldn't be surprised if London is quietly going to get more vaccinations.. 

Not so quiet. I work for a mental health Trust in the North and we have been told our supplies due to arrive for use on 4th Jan will now be redirected to the south. Hopefully to go to those who will need it more like those working on ICU etc. 

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

Hospital full, patients waiting in ambulances to be admitted & key frontline staff nursing covid patients being told they will not receive the vaccination until at least 2 more weeks have passed, that's the reality of the situation. Hancock was wise enough not to over promise but his boss just can't help himself.

Grim stuff. I’ve heard that the London nightingale is going to be opened as a space for those rejected by triage to go to die 😞 so there is full expectation that the NHS will be overwhelmed and will need to focus on younger patients only 

46 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think they should cancel the GCSEs and A levels and use assessed grades, the stress to kids and school staff is just going to be too much. Maybe then they could just concentrate on actually teaching them stuff instead of training them to pass some sort of exam with some yet to be decided content. If they decide early than schools and kids have time to adjust and make the most of what school time they have left.

Teacher assessed grades is the way to go again this year, for sure. I see first hand every day just how riddled with worry the majority of Year 11s are at not knowing what on Earth they are going to have to do to achieve the grades they want in a few months time. It is a cruel thing to do to them. 

Staff wise, it is the constant ‘will they/won’t they’ approach that is the specialty of this gutter government that is really starting to cause anger now. Stop fucking about and announce that exams won’t take place and that teacher assessed grades will.  

Over the coming term, we are going to see lots of young people missing lots of time in school. It is not fair to them to keep them in the dark, or to keep changing what it is they will have to do, over and over and over. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Grim stuff. I’ve heard that the London nightingale is going to be opened as a space for those rejected by triage to go to die 😞 so there is full expectation that the NHS will be overwhelmed and will need to focus on younger patients only 

😢 it must be awful working in the nhs seeing the 50k infections every day knowing that they’ll soon translate into hospitalisations and awful decisions will have to be made.  My heart goes out to anyone having to deal with this.. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, they are..a lot of older people who have had the first jab don't feel protected enough until get 2nd one, and now that's been delayed. They need reassurance about the level of immunity they should already have from first.

And you can't blame them really. If someone tells you that you need two doses of a thing and then change that and say "nah you're probably fine with one for now" it's not going to make you feel super confident. I totally get the argument that they should vaccinate as many people with one as possible, but the changes need to be communicated super clearly to make people feel reassured. Otherwise it feels like everything else in this crisis: that they are just flailing about and making it up as they go along.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl