When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Or making people going through a shit time feel worse by pissing on their hopes. One or the other.

Nope. Just interpreting what is happening far more accurately than your deluded ramblings. In order to try not to artificially raise any such far fetched hopes.

• Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Copperface said:

The basic mistake here is that you are giving credence to anything the albino spunktrumpet vomits out.

There will be no Glastonbury next year, and the over 50's will not be vaccinated until, at earliest , mid summer.

Would you care to share your working out on this.

8 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Would you care to share your working out on this.

He has before, it’s possible, but rather pessimistic (though obviously, it’s a massive logistical challenge). If it was a typo it would be closer to the truth (under 50s in the summer, rather than over 50s). I’m sitting here with the person setting up the main vaccination hub in North Dublin, the delivery schedule for the various vaccines (and when various groups will be vaccinated) is considerably quicker than mid summer for over 50s (mid-summer/end of July/August to finish everyone that wants one is what it is here, with different scenarios depending on when expected batches of vaccine arrive). I know Ireland and the UK are not the same, but you guys are ahead on vaccinations, have more ordered per capita, so I can’t believe we could do this more efficiently than you could. But you know me, I’m a gullible optimist! 

• Upvote 2

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/roll-out-covid-vaccinations-to-frontline-staff-immediately-says-nhs-england/7029240.article

Earlier this week NHS England chief executive Simon Stevens confirmed all vulnerable groups would be vaccinated by late spring

Never trust someone with 2 first names 😉 Jokes. That would be great if we can achieve it!

2 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

He has before, it’s possible, but rather pessimistic (though obviously, it’s a massive logistical challenge). If it was a typo it would be closer to the truth (under 50s in the summer, rather than over 50s). I’m sitting here with the person setting up the main vaccination hub in North Dublin, the delivery schedule for the various vaccines (and when various groups will be vaccinated) is considerably quicker than mid summer for over 50s (mid-summer/end of July/August to finish everyone that wants one is what it is here, with different scenarios depending on when expected batches of vaccine arrive). I know Ireland and the UK are not the same, but you guys are ahead on vaccinations, have more ordered per capita, so I can’t believe we could do this more efficiently than you could. But you know me, I’m a gullible optimist! 

With the Oxford/AZ vaccine now online I'm assuming that the pinch point will be production, batch checking etc rather than the actual delivery into the arm. 

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Enlighten us...

Not again surely. Been through it several times. The situation has not changed. 

As for the Republic's vax programme, very different - a total population of under 5 million (ish?) and a total vaccination number of what, 2.5 to 3 million, and an urgent/vulnerable number of one/two million?........not even remotely comparable.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Copperface said:

As for the Republic's vax programme, very different - a total population of under 5 million (ish?) and a total vaccination number of what, 2.5 to 3 million, and an urgent/vulnerable number of one/two million?........not even remotely comparable.

What do you mean the situation has not changed? The oxford vaccine just got approved today and they have also changed the dosing gaps. Everything has changed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Copperface said:

Do you enjoy pouring cold sick on discussions on the internet? Honestly don't understand it, do you get pleasure from this? 

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

What do you mean the situation has not changed? The oxford vaccine just got approved today and they have also changed the dosing gaps. Everything has changed.

Yeah... 12 week gap and evidence of protection after 1 dose means a lot less.