When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

19 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Love this, he's really being brutal against the naysayers currently occupying social media lol

Van-Tam warns against “kitchen table mathematics” scaling up the vaccine rollout thus far, as it is likely to rise exponentially.

He's right. If I see another "if vaccinations continue at this rate..." post when the vaccination rate is clearly accelerating, without even taking the AZ vaccine into account.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Things don’t look good. 

32 minutes ago, Lycra said:

It's not just the over 75s.  We're getting lots of admissions 40 - 65.

@Lycra based on the above hospital admissions tweet and what you've said, anecdotally do you think this new variant is causing worse illness in people? 

I keep hearing "not more deadly" but not a lot about severity of symptoms...

24 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

What about those of us who don't drive? How the fuck am I supposed to get to a vaccination centre at 2:30 in the morning?

I'm the same but surely it would be a confirmed and arranged appointment for those sorts of times instead of just "get down here in the night or you'll miss out" because that would also stop people who work night shifts too. There'll definitely be an option to reschedule if they go down that road 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

@Lycra based on the above hospital admissions tweet and what you've said, anecdotally do you think this new variant is causing worse illness in people? 

I keep hearing "not more deadly" but not a lot about severity of symptoms...

I'm the same but surely it would be a confirmed and arranged appointment for those sorts of times instead of just "get down here in the night or you'll miss out" because that would also stop people who work night shifts too. There'll definitely be an option to reschedule if they go down that road 

I would hope so too. My reply was to the dickhead comment that anyone who said no to an appointment at 2:30 a.m should be forced to stay in lockdown forever!

Parklife might be moving to September - same as Primavera.

I know Emily said no. I know we are holding her to her word, but at what point does it become ‘’Move or no festival”?

Do you think the fest will choose no festival over moved festival?

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I know Emily said no. I know we are holding her to her word, but at what point does it become ‘’Move or no festival”?

Yes. It's too big to move with 6 months notice.

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It's already been moved to Sept

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/parklife

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Parklife moved back to September a little while ago. 

Hard to compare Primavera as Spain’s vaccination programme is completely different to ours - I might be wrong but I don’t think they’ve even started or are going to for a few weeks?

Still think June is just too early for Glasto. Perhaps they might move to September but I would have thought the sheer number of people involved in that process would have led to a leak by now, so it’s either June or 2022