When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

Haven’t seen anything yet unfortunately! It will come in due course, but they have been taking the traditional publication route rather than releasing pre-prints with their trial data, so that takes a good bit longer. Normally we’d get detailed data at conferences, but those are all online at the moment!

I think some of the info here is new:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca/information-for-healthcare-professionals-on-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca

Particular interest is this part:

SARS CoV-2 S-binding antibody response to COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca (a), (b)

Screenshot_20201230-124444.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

More info on the public’s attitude to the Brexit Trade Deal. 

It's one of those things isn't it it's a shit deal but at this stage better than no deal. If it was a year ago people would be saying it was awful and reject it but at the final hour it's better than nothing. 

22 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think some of the info here is new:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca/information-for-healthcare-professionals-on-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca

Particular interest is this part:

SARS CoV-2 S-binding antibody response to COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca (a), (b)

Screenshot_20201230-124444.png

Thanks for that! Very interesting, certainly looks that the immunogenicity increases substantially with the longer gap. Just as importantly, from 10 days post dose 1, they still have 100% protection from hospitalisation/severe disease. Efficacy also settles around 70% from 22 days after dose 1, which is comparable to the Pfizer shot (I know it’s being reported as 90% efficacious after 1 dose, but that’s a slight twist of the NEJM data, it’s 90% as efficacious as the double dose (so about 80% or so and can be as low as about 50% depending on how long after dose 1 they look)). Basically, after 1 dose, these vaccines do what we had hoped the full course would do before we had any of the trial data (in fact, they exceed it, we were aiming for 50% with a lower confidence interval above 30%)...that’s a win in my book (we just have higher expectations now that we’ve seen what is possible!)...more than enough to get a hold of this though.  I saw some detailed vaccination schedules for Ireland the other day, with Oxford arriving here by the end of Feb (it was a conservative schedule!), not including J&J or Novavax, but assuming a small amount of Moderna vaccine in April/May, we expect to complete our entire vaccination programme sometime in July (that’s everyone who wants a vaccine done...over 50s completed before summer)...I still think that’s reasonable (though I think they will be trying to convince low risk individuals that haven’t bothered to get it to do so in Autumn to shore things up for winter). Could obviously be manufacturing hiccups that might stretch it out, but equally, we have other vaccines ordered and if they come on stream, then it should work...but all 3 early vaccines work, are safe and will be used to end this. Pretty remarkable!

• Upvote 9

37 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

More info on the public’s attitude to the Brexit Trade Deal. 

No surprises there really. People did vote to “Get Brexit Done” around this time last year.

Even though this is clearly not the end of the whole debacle, most people have got it in their minds that this is Brexit being done and we won’t hear about it again from Jan 1 onwards.

6 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

No surprises there really. People did vote to “Get Brexit Done” around this time last year.

Even though this is clearly not the end of the whole debacle, most people have got it in their minds that this is Brexit being done and we won’t hear about it again from Jan 1 onwards.

Worth noting that most people didn't vote to get Brexit done. Due to our electoral system, the Tories won a whopping majority despite more votes going to parties in favour of either another referendum or revoking A50.

• Upvote 1

Just now, shoptildrop said:

There's some right old shite being spouted in Parliament today Jesus!! I've lost count on how many times sovereignty has been mentioned and lots of analogies been thrown about 🙄  

theres hardly anyone there for this .... are they all in the bar or watching remotely ? ....... or both 

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

There's some right old shite being spouted in Parliament today Jesus!! I've lost count on how many times sovereignty has been mentioned and lots of analogies been thrown about 🙄  

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of all that rubbish. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of all that rubbish. 

I seriously doubt it, this will be going on for years as it dawns how shit this deal is and we'll be constantly negotiating something that might benefit the UK - that amount of clauses/review points to me is worrying as can see this as a way of Bojo and co going back on their word and basically have the no deal Brexit they want for some insane reason 😞 

My best friend's daughter caught COVID at school. Today my friend is going for a test as he has lost his sense of taste and smell and feels a bit fluey. Luckily they were in tier 4 and couldn't mix with anyone anyway as normally they would visit his parents and his Dad would be classified as very high risk. I honestly think particularly in tier 4 areas they need to close schools.