When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

The Lords constitution committee has said that the timetable to assess the new bill is hardly what people were promised in the referendum:

"A prominent argument for the UK leaving the European Union was to “take back control” of our laws—for laws to be determined by the UK parliament rather than the EU’s law-making bodies ...

It is regrettable that this bill, which determines how the UK’s future relationship with the EU will be implemented in UK law, was published less than 24 hours before parliamentary scrutiny was due to begin. This does not allow parliament much in the way of ‘control’. At the very least, it leaves open the question as to where, or to whom, the control taken back rests."

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

We really need a full lockdown now to get on top of the surging cases and struggling hospitals. I hope the government do the right thing here and the Brexit trade deal isn’t a distraction. 

a lockdown over new year will suit them big-time for brexit, as it'll lessen traffic thru dover.

I've been predicting that lockdown for a while!

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Kudos to Astrazeneca.

I think it's disgusting that Pfizer and Moderna make a profit given what is at stake here. Not sure how their execs sleep at night.

They make a great profit on everything else. For once, just for once and for the good of the vaccine reachest the greatest number of people, they should sell it at cost (fine to factor in all their previous R&D costs).

Pfizer at least didn't take grant money for R&D so took a risk in its development.

Moderna however did and having benefited from that, now they want to sell at the highest price. Shameful really. As an absolute bare minimum they should all sell it to the third world at cost.

Yep, it's like charging extra for water during a raging fire--just try being a human being for once. 

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

a lockdown over new year will suit them big-time for brexit, as it'll lessen traffic thru dover.

I've been predicting that lockdown for a while!

I understand that the Brexit deal didn't secure frictionless trade. Surely this means more border chaos from 1 Jan? Been looking around and can't find much on this, when it seems to be quite a big/obvious problem (I could be wrong - obviously).

2 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Has there ever been a HoC vote which had 100% for/against? I'm trying to find online but nothing seems to be coming up. 

Not sure there would have been any point getting to the division lobby stage of the vote. Would just get passed by everyone shouting aye

For two more days this was last year.

It is easy to forget what this feels like.

IT IS EASY TO FORGET HOW GOOD THIS FEELS!!!

Lizzo in full swing and the Glastonbury crowd fully looning out as they should and as they will.

God I miss this!