When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Incredible news! Finally can see light at the end of the tunnel. Hancock being bullish about it as expected. Can’t see how we’ll be out of the woods by spring but hey - rooting for him to get this right (😬)

once the oldies and vulnerable have been vaccinated the death and hospitalisation rates should fall hugely.

Some people are suggesting an effect from the vaccinations so far can already be seen in the data. It should be clearly visible before the end of January.

Just now, jparx said:

Also now we have this confirmed can we pleeaasee go full lockdown for January? Stop dicking about and get in top of this thing.

This is what I think. Lock down and start distributing asap. Get people trained up to jab others (two of my friends have already applied) and have the centres opened for longer hours with rolling staff/army on security.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

once the oldies and vulnerable have been vaccinated the death and hospitalisation rates should fall hugely.

Some people are suggesting an effect from the vaccinations so far can already be seen in the data. It should be clearly visible before the end of January.

Yep infection numbers can be high but they don't really matter, as the conversation rate to hospitalisation and deaths with be relatively tiny.

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

This is what I think. Lock down and start distributing asap. Get people trained up to jab others (two of my friends have already applied) and have the centres opened for longer hours with rolling staff/army on security.

Could they be 24 hours with people rotating shifts?

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Sure hope so! 

And hey, if the govt are so confident on Spring then surely they can offer insurance guarantees to a certain large music event due to take place in June?

Just now, morph100 said:

Could they be 24 hours with people rotating shifts?

My Mum has applied to be a vaccinator (retired nurse) and was asked what shifts she'd be happy to work, and she said she could do 8 hours on an ad hoc basis. She'd even be happy to be sent somewhere a bit further afield and stay there for a stint.

Apparently they're inundated with applications though, which is great 😊

55 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is it bad to say that i want to take the AstraZeneca vaccine over the others? I want a BRITISH made vaccine which is made with OUR LAWS by BRITISH universities? 🇬🇧 

I'd rather take the most effective vaccine, wherever it was made

Edit: its impossible to tell nowadays who's joking about this kind of stuff and whose serious 😂

I'm sure Boris will sell this as a triumph of Britain, but it was given the okay thanks to volunteers in Brazil and the US, plus science is a fantastic example of the benefits of international cooperation and immigration 

Edited by Mr.Tease

HI how long does everyone think the most vunerable will have their first vaccine by ? I was thinking this :-

If Liverpool can manage 53,000 fans in and out of anfield in about 60 mins through turnstiles then surley its possible to use the seven defunct nightingales as mass vaccination venues and achieve the follwing ?

53,000 vaccines a day for 4 weeks = 212000

212000 x 7 nightingales venues = 1484000

1484000 in just one month seems really possible

Edited by gazzared
spelling

14 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

So the scientists have done their bit in record time and the baton has now been handed over to the government. Into the final stretch now!

USA_women_drops_Baton_Nigeria_wins_Bahamas_DQ_4x200m_World_Relays_2015.gif

Much of the actual organisation will be fine at the lower tiers of government and the NHS. 

Lots of work has already gone into identifying locations of drive through / drop in sites in some areas. 

15 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Definitely. I’d happily go and get mine at 2am!

Any place any time for me. Got a text from my surgery yesterday that they will contact me with a time.   You get tea and biscuits when you donate blood so maybe an incentive for a late night early morning jab! Free  Pint of lager perhaps.! 

18 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

So the scientists have done their bit in record time and the baton has now been handed over to the government. Into the final stretch now!

USA_women_drops_Baton_Nigeria_wins_Bahamas_DQ_4x200m_World_Relays_2015.gif

From what I’ve been reading this is the problem.. local GP groups and local public health are poised ready to start vaccinating and the government is slow to get the doses out to them.. seeing lots of frustrated posts from GPs near us asking PHE and other bodies to act.

28 minutes ago, zahidf said:
21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Not according to our internal NHS briefings