When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

3 months apart...will need insane speed to get Glastonbury happening

I think this is a good thing? On the 2 dose, 3 weeks apart doing a million a week you'd only have about 8/9 million people fully vaccinated by April. If it's 2-3 months apart you're getting closer to having 15/16 million partly vaccinated by April*

I think there is evidence Pfizer has an efficacy of between 52% and 90% after 1 shot. The requirements for any vaccine to be approved was at least 50% effective. So if they have data which shows Oxford does that after one shot then they are getting more people vaccinated sooner and worrying about the top up to 90% later on.

Hopefully someone has done the maths on the impact of having a small group fully protected or a large group partly protected and which will save more lives. 

*Do not trust my maths here.

Edited by Leyrulion

Positive news this morning. All we need now is patience and hope that for the next few months everyone conforms to the social,distancing, hand washing etc. The danger is that certain folk seem to be ignoring that and increasing the rate of infections. 

And maybe either a vaccine passport or a supply of Twix and  a ladder  to get into Glasto?😉

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Cynics might surmise that the announcement of the vaccine might have been made to coincide with stricter tiers. 

Easier to say full lockdown for two weeks while we push this out and then review where we are.

I’m hoping so anyway

How quick do we think they can give everyone the first dose? If its already produced and can be kept in a normal fridge the bottle neck must be the people allowed to do the jabbing?

wish my postman had fridge bag and could just do everyone on his rounds 🙂

Nationwide Tier 4, with Tier 5 for hotspots, imo. Set a review date and the target to reach for specific restrictions to be eased. Give people a roadmap, which would at least help businesses (and festivals?) to make more informed decisions. Tiers without an end in sight are just bleak af. 

• Upvote 1