When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Still convinced it's coming to all of us one way or another - they just need to say there is a more deadly strain (and I actually think that is what they will do to encourage more vaccinations) 

You think the government are going to lie and make up that there's a more deadly strain of coronavirus to make people get vaccinated?

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Vaccine uptake in the Uk is very good at the moment says the guardian apparently. I think we won't have issues in this country in that regard.

I don't know, I'd hold that thought until it's being offered to the younger age ranges who have spent the last few years lapping up the anti-vax stuff that's rife on social media. The amount of absolute idiot Mums* I work with who won't vaccinate their kids is staggering.

(*I specify Mums only because they are who I work with, backing up their social-media informed choices with such anecdotes as "well my sister's friend's cousin's son got his vaccinations and he just wasn't right after, so I'm not going to vaccinate mine")

5 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I don't know, I'd hold that thought until it's being offered to the younger age ranges who have spent the last few years lapping up the anti-vax stuff that's rife on social media. The amount of absolute idiot Mums* I work with who won't vaccinate their kids is staggering.

(*I specify Mums only because they are who I work with, backing up their social-media informed choices with such anecdotes as "well my sister's friend's cousin's son got his vaccinations and he just wasn't right after, so I'm not going to vaccinate mine")

That's fair enough I think. Mums are in charge of being anti-vaxxers, dads are in charge of liking Nigel and Boris. Everyone knows that.

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Vaccine uptake in the Uk is very good at the moment says the guardian apparently. I think we won't have issues in this country in that regard.

Isn't that of the 80+ demographic only? Hard to see how you can extrapolate from that to the wider population...

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

You think the government are going to lie and make up that there's a more deadly strain of coronavirus to make people get vaccinated?

Fauci admitted that he was exaggerating the vaccine uptake numbers needed for herd immunity in the US to make more people take the vaccine

So who knows?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/24/health/herd-immunity-covid-coronavirus.html

8 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Not going to be offered to kids anyway so not really an issue at the moment.

16 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Not necessarily us and not necessarily overtly announcing it but allowing such information to "leak" out perhaps. France need to do something drastic like that by the sounds of it...

That said they make the laws they can just make it mandatory in all but name 

Edited by efcfanwirral

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Not necessarily us and not necessarily overtly announcing it but allowing such information to "leak" out perhaps. France need to do something drastic like that by the sounds of it...

That said they make the laws they can just make it mandatory in all but name 

Spain will have a registry of people who refuse to take it

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Never lose hope! Glastonbury will happen. 

Not as optimistic as Oz for Glastonbury but one thing that I’ve not seen discussed which I’ve picked up is how much quicker cases appear to go down when the breaks are pulled now compared to the 1st wave.  See below chart for wales. If we committed to a longish lockdown (4-6 weeks) and the vaccine comes through there’s real hope that we can start doing things. I’d love to go to festivals but at this point, just hugging my friends seems like bliss and if i can fo that in March then the rest can follow.8018FA39-83C6-4E3F-8BDF-B24479E72075.thumb.jpeg.541a86e2ac258c1dc794c8df579f6609.jpeg