When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

When will the vaccine be ready?

It is currently in the last stage of MHRA assessment, after the government asked it to analyse the final set of data on 27 November.

Prof Sarah Gilbert, lead researcher on the vaccine, has said the chances it will be given to people before the end of the year are "pretty high".

from bbc news .... I guess sarah gilbert would be the most reliable source ....

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Is anyone else getting glitches like this on desktop ? It disappears  fairly quickly when I refresh the page ... so no great issue @eFestivals any idea ? 

ED7C78FC-073B-4AFA-936F-EA7E1EDC075C.jpeg

That’s from a tweet I posted so maybe there’s an issue? Sometimes mine messes up if I click new message in the banner at the bottom, if you F5 the page does it fix it?

Just now, Ozanne said:

That’s from a tweet I posted so maybe there’s an issue? Sometimes mine messes up if I click new message in the banner at the bottom, if you F5 the page does it fix it?

yep it does ... just a bug of some description ... just not sure if it was my end only 

On 12/28/2020 at 10:49 AM, Ozanne said:

Exactly, people need to realise that these restrictions aren’t being brought in as a punishment. They are needed to help curb the spread of the virus. We can hold off going to the pub for a little bit longer. 

Unless you work in a pub, or have poured your life savings into establishing a pub; then it's a bit unfortunate...

22 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Unless you work in a pub, or have poured your life savings into establishing a pub; then it's a bit unfortunate...

They're two different things in my eyes - the need to curb the virus and the need to provide adequate financial help for the affected industries. It is possible to 'hold off going to the pub a bit longer' provided the government actually support them...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I agree but it also needs following up from people to bring about any change. If it’s easy to post videos clapping then it’s easy to kick up a fuss when those people you were clapping for get treated like dirt. 

The thing that really grinds people down is still having to pay for parking. That £40 a month should be covered by the government for every member of staff in the NHS and would go a long way to restoring staff morale and feeling appreciated. 

10 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

They're two different things in my eyes - the need to curb the virus and the need to provide adequate financial help for the affected industries. It is possible to 'hold off going to the pub a bit longer' provided the government actually support them...

Sadly that hasn’t happened. 

3 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Sadly that hasn’t happened. 

Completely agree - but that doesn't mean that lockdowns shouldn't happen. They should but we should also be supporting those industries, the object of our ire should be directed at the government for not providing support rather than at lockdowns in general.

Edited by topmarksbri
Clarification

9 minutes ago, Rex2 said:

The thing that really grinds people down is still having to pay for parking. That £40 a month should be covered by the government for every member of staff in the NHS and would go a long way to restoring staff morale and feeling appreciated. 

£40 a month actually sounds reasonable for NHS parking!

(Obviously I agree with you - the key workers certainly shouldn’t be paying to park)

12 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

not only do they have to pay for parking ( assuming they can  be granted a space/permit ) but they also have to pay there registration of £120 per year , for the privilege to work long hours , often without a break or even to go to the loo , all to ensure WE are safe and well , oh and you MIGHT get Christmas day off if your luck and your shifts work out .

so no , i don't think £40 per month is very reasonable at all !

sorry , but as my wife is a staff nurse , this is my soap box !

Sorry, was meant in jest as a comparison to the extortionate rates they charge.

I also have family who work for the NHS and these issues have always irked them as much as it has your wife! I can never understand why they are treated so poorly - as you say, they are here for us. Seen some awful stuff on Twitter today with idiots telling NHS staff to shut up when they describe how bad things are getting.

Surely Boris has stopped sipping champagne with the ERG Superstars now and might actually let us know they are working on some kind of plan?

3 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

The clap was not a Political (with a big P) gesture as many interpreted it to be. It was more of a small p political expression of people's innate desire to act in a communal manner when under threat as was the support for Capt. Tom with people coming together to support a communal enterprise. Another example would be the way that the Manchester community came together after the Arena bombing with the adoption of the Bee. These are all expressions of our humanity rather than our politics.  

As a species we have always had a need for communal acts, from the stone age gatherings at stone circles through to modern day sporting events, meeting up with your mates in a pub/club and ,yes, music festivals. This of course goes against the individualistic philosophy of many on the right of Politics who base this on the writings of Ayn Rand (whilst completely ignoring her atheism and belief in pro-choice) and elevate individuals above community - "there's no such thing as society" and regard communal enterprise such as the NHS, BBC and unions as an anathema. Unfortunately during this current crisis this government's natural individualistic tendency as stopped it taking the communal measures need until it was too late and too many members of society have been unable to put their belief in self before others to one side.

So, and back to the point, the clap was not a meaningless gesture but an expression of our need to come together which the government failed to build on. And yes, all those workers which we suddenly found out that we couldn't do without need to be rewarded but as we all know the rewards will end up in the hands of MDs, hedge fund mangers and friends of the government etc - in fact all those who nobody would ever clap for.

Or in other words, it was more for the people who were clapping than for those they were supposedly clapping for.

39 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

not only do they have to pay for parking ( assuming they can  be granted a space/permit ) but they also have to pay there registration of £120 per year , for the privilege to work long hours , often without a break or even to go to the loo , all to ensure WE are safe and well , oh and you MIGHT get Christmas day off if your luck and your shifts work out .

so no , i don't think £40 per month is very reasonable at all !

sorry , but as my wife is a staff nurse , this is my soap box !

I’m with you!!! 

Just now, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Said it a few days ago, we will do 70-80k in January. UK hospitals are going to have to chose who gets treatment and who doesnt soon. 

You might well be right. We needed cases at under 20k before Christmas, we’ve really got an issue on our hands now.