When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

@Jack.194 got to say the schools in our area were amazing during lockdown!! They were phoning children everyday etc!! Like you say it’s in the planning if they made the decision at the beginning of December to close after school holidays for a month parents wud be able to plan ahead and support put in!! Lots of learning can be done in the home environment!! It’s the lack of planning that annoys people!! Just like Christmas change of plans!! 
as for teachers administering tests I agree they shouldn’t do it it effects so many things creating a negative experiences in what shud be a positive environment!! ! Another reason why the school nurse role shud not have cut due to funding!! 

Exactly! You’ve absolutely hit the nail on the head.

Its getting to the point where they really need to announce something soon!

The schools nurse role being cut really grates on me, I have a lot of health responsibilities that I am absolutely not qualified for!

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

I’m personally hoping they close schools, online learning really isn’t as bad as some people make out, and four-ish weeks of it would do very little harm to kids development.

It’d help stop the spreading of the virus, as everyone knows schools do a lot of harm in spreading the virus.

I want ~a month full lockdown, with all schools doing online learning in the meantime, and a big push forward with vaccines in that period.

If it’s starting to hit Kids hard then it makes sense. Otherwise it’s one of them things where the knock on effects are considerable. Unless both parents are key workers they have to get out of work which isn’t easy.

4 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

If it’s starting to hit Kids hard then it makes sense. Otherwise it’s one of them things where the knock on effects are considerable. Unless both parents are key workers they have to get out of work which isn’t easy.

I think it’s just one parent who needs to be a key worker, during the first lockdown I had two children in class who each only had one parent who was a key worker

13 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Exactly! You’ve absolutely hit the nail on the head.

Its getting to the point where they really need to announce something soon!

The schools nurse role being cut really grates on me, I have a lot of health responsibilities that I am absolutely not qualified for!

My other soapbox is public services we are all expected to do everything teachers are being medical and social workers oh and teach! Social Workers  are being teachers medical and police and the Police are being everything too and then we are meant to be financial advisors of our non existent budgets!! Then when mistakes happen it’s our fault!! The same situation in health!! 
I’m right on one about it today back to the chaos tomorrow!! Think I will have another cup of tea and chocolate!!! 

31 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Why are you so convinced that retail shops are driving the spread?

That's a good point. I keep mentioning retail because that's the main change between tier 3 and tier 4. A bigger driver may well be schools. The truth is they all contribute to the spread.

My main beef is with inaction in the face of tier 3 being clearly unable to contain cases. They need to do something, about a week ago.

2 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

My other soapbox is public services we are all expected to do everything teachers are being medical and social workers oh and teach! Social Workers  are being teachers medical and police and the Police are being everything too and then we are meant to be financial advisors of our non existent budgets!! Then when mistakes happen it’s our fault!! The same situation in health!! 
I’m right on one about it today back to the chaos tomorrow!! Think I will have another cup of tea and chocolate!!! 

My fireman brother is now driving ambulances as cover ... so it’s very much gone that way ... 

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's a good point. I keep mentioning retail because that's the main change between tier 3 and tier 4. A bigger driver may well be schools. The truth is they all contribute to the spread.

My main beef is with inaction in the face of tier 3 being clearly unable to contain cases. They need to do something, about a week ago.

In truth everything is going to have some impact as social interactions take place in all settings ... and that will include gyms and shops ... it’s just how much they impact on r ... 

22 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

But it will. The Economy will be ‘fixed’ with more austerity and many will accept the justification. 

Exactly it's the only thing they can control. 

Taxes sure but people get annoyed by that, freezing lazy council workers pay or closing a few libraries and youth centres people are ok with that. 

I'm very much against closing schools partly because I have a daughter with pretty bad anxiety going nuts over GCSEs this summer, but also because some kids miss out more than others so just increases inequality and this is going to lead to lifelong disadvantage that can't be fixed as easily as other parts of the economy by just chucking money at it....but unfortunately they may have to be closed with the increasing cases everywhere, especially if spreading more in children...

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

dont worry the government have lost track ...... and trace 

Track and trace is abysmal. A few months ago I got a message from my COVID 19 app. It informed me that I had come in contact with 6 people that, could, contract Covid. I have heard nothing, before or since. I can’t even find the message. It just flashed up, on my phone, for 4 seconds.

So so busy around here today. Just went for a walk for a couple of hours and probably saw 10 times as many people as I normally would. (and some seriously large groups) Roads are busy, car parks are all full, and any other possible parking space has a car in it. The village was almost like summer with queues outside most shops and cafes (most of the businesses were still being really good on distancing inside though from what I could see). Like I say, almost but not quite as busy as summer. I'd say probably busier than October half term though.  Bit fo a shock to the system, made me realise just how quiet it's been

Apologies, I've forgotten the user name of the person who works in a hotel in Cornwall, what's it like down there?