When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

All I said was 'did you not fly to Germany a few months ago?' 

Happy for feedback on how I can make that less confrontational. 

Most of the confrontation has actually come from some of the more sensitive regulars on here.

Hi Fraybentos1....  my post was deliberately not directed at anyone in particular, sorry if you took it personally. 
Sending much love, take care of yourself and others, hope to enjoy a cider with you in June. x

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Genuine question: why do you come to this thread when everyone who posts in it just seems to wind you up? I don't get it.

It's often good source of information especially from experts like Toilet Duck. But yes, a few people do wind me up of course and I largely ignore them.

I also only brought it up again cause you asked me two questions which i answered.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

It's often good source of information especially from experts like Toilet Duck. But yes, a few people do wind me up of course and I largely ignore them.

I also only brought it up again cause you asked me two questions which i answered.

Fair enough. Time for us all to move on now then! 

25 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The fish issue just won't go away ...

People suffering from 'long COVID' are reporting a strong smell of fish, sulphur and a sweet sickly odour, as further symptoms of the virus emerge.

https://news.sky.com/story/long-covid-symptoms-may-include-parosmia-as-people-report-disgusting-smells-of-fish-burning-and-sulphur-12173389

Maybe I've got long covid. I assumed the weird smell was one of my housemates. He's never had the best personal hygiene, and sporadic work and lockdowns really hasn't helped

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Over a long enough timeline then yes, of course your chance of getting it will be 100%, assuming the virus never goes away and you never get vaccinated.

If you mean on a one off visit to a pub? Not anywhere near close.

Cases are considered at a high level (Tier 4 restrictions) at around about 400 in 100,000. Let’s be generous and double that to allow for the untested cases. So even now with cases at what are deemed high very high levels about 1% of the population have it right now, how could your chances of getting it be anywhere near 100%

But if we relax restrictions and that number doubles then it’s 2%. Which is 1 in 50. So at least one in every busy pub. And if the new strand can spread easily in a pub to others in the pub without contact.... even if not, the exponential growth is real. From 1% it only needs to double 8 times to hit 100%.

1 minute ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

So on another note..... I’m stepping out for a bit (thread beginning to stress me again!) Going to fix my sons car. In the cold. It seems to have deposited most of its oil on my drive over Xmas day. Back later with progress update.....

That was a bit crude...

2 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

So on another note..... I’m stepping out for a bit (thread beginning to stress me again!) Going to fix my sons car. In the cold. It seems to have deposited most of its oil on my drive over Xmas day. Back later with progress update.....

lovely day down here .... sun is shining after the storm has blown through .... good luck with the leak 

2 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

Tiers being reviewed again in only 3 days. Doesnt appear to me that any area not in tier 4 is seeing any decrease in cases. In fact the opposite, even in Cornwall cases are now more than doubling every week. Do we think all areas to go into tier 4 on Wednesday? (Or at least announced wednesday)

Zero chance, Northern Ireland are in what is basically Tier 5 - same as Tier 4 with  no outdoor exercise with people outside your own household allowed, for 6 weeks from Boxing Day - with a review after 4.

Edited by Redwinevino
More correct detail

8 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

But if we relax restrictions and that number doubles then it’s 2%. Which is 1 in 50. So at least one in every busy pub. And if the new strand can spread easily in a pub to others in the pub without contact.... even if not, the exponential growth is real. From 1% it only needs to double 8 times to hit 100%.

It’s never, in any situation going to be a 100% chance you get Covid, however much it mutates and however high case numbers per 100,000 realistically get.

The highest risk setting for spreading Covid is within households, even then the chance of a symptomatic person spreading it to another member of the household is only 20%: (asymptomatic 3.5%)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.imperial.ac.uk/news/209673/covid-19-spread-different-social-settings-imperial/amp/

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

2 minutes ago, Copperface said:

This trip is becoming more notorious than Bryn's fishing trip.

Festival Jamie visits Germany ...... Dominic cummings visits Barnard castle .... awaiting festival Jamies statement in the downing street rose garden 

Edited by crazyfool1

8 minutes ago, Redwinevino said:

Zero chance, Northern Ireland are in what is basically Tier 5 - same as Tier 4 with no outside exercise allowed, for 6 weeks from Boxing Day - with a review after 4.

Just read an article actually and it says no outdoor exercise with people outside your own household, luckily not a ban on leaving your house at all

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive rung them today to see if they are doing a deep clean or if its just an isolated case ... as is usual im awaiting a call back ... I rang 2 hours ago ... totally useless 😞 

How frustrating! Keep on at them if they don’t get back to you.