When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Restrictions won’t be “ditched”, they’ll just be rolled back. So instead of a household mixing ban, you might have the rule of 6 replaced with the rule of 10/12. The 1m rule and T&T and hand washing and masks would still be in place.

It won’t be a free for all, it just won’t be nearly as strict as it is today. 

I see, thank you. Sorry for all the questions and everything this morning it’s just all whirring around my head like crazy.

7 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I have so many questions that no one on here would be able to answer but they just whir around my head.

For example, once the “vulnerable” are vaccinated, what happens to test and trace. If restrictions are ditched, surely test and trace is ditched. Then we could see more cases than ever among a younger population. I’m not sure I would personally want to subject myself to a mass style infection where they just let it spread. There’s also a lot of younger people who have existing health problems and where do they fit in the rollout timetable and how will we ensure these people are protected if we drop all restrictions? There’s also a lot of aged 50+ who are vulnerable to the disease and there’s also the issue of long covid which I think about 5% of people suffer with post disease (I know people have said this isn’t enough to continue restrictions and I’m not arguing for that but I’m just wondering what happens if they allow a free for all of back to normal).

Testing and contact tracing existed before track and trace - we were actually pretty good at it in the early days. It should actually become more effective again if infection levels reduce. 

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Probably keep some element of test and trace going

Its an ongoing vaccination programme going. The aim would be past April that anyone will be able to get vaccinated who wants one. 

For that though we would have to be giving out millions of doses a week. I worry that it is slightly too over-optimistic. Wasn’t the official nhs target 1.2 million doses a week?

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

For that though we would have to be giving out millions of doses a week. I worry that it is slightly too over-optimistic. Wasn’t the official nhs target 1.2 million doses a week?

It’s seems they’ve ordered enough and have the infrastructure (football stadiums etc) to do it, of course there could be hiccups but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility considering we do about 15m flu jabs every year anyway.

2 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

In theory, we should have 3 vaccines authorised by March (Pfizer, Oxford and moderna) and maybe even a 4th (Johnson and johnson)

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Restrictions won’t be “ditched”, they’ll just be rolled back. So instead of a household mixing ban, you might have the rule of 6 replaced with the rule of 10/12. The 1m rule and T&T and hand washing and masks would still be in place.

It won’t be a free for all, it just won’t be nearly as strict as it is today. 

I actually think this may happen in March/April when more and more vaccinations happen, and by May onwards it'll be no restrictions. 

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It’s seems they’ve ordered enough and have the infrastructure (football stadiums etc) to do it, of course there could be hiccups but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility considering we do about 15m flu jabs every year anyway.

I understand this. I’d rather just stay cautious for my own peace of mind. Let’s see how it goes I guess.

4 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I’d not worry I’d celebrate it if and when it happens ...things will be improving slowly , and that’s something to be very happy about for everyone 

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

The first objective is to get those most at risk vacinated. This then reduces the pressure on the NHS and should stop 99% of deaths according to the clever people (and the numbers support this).

After the most vuberable are protected some rules will be relaxed, but we don't know what that will be yet. There are aggressive predictions of when these things will be done but unless your part of the roll out it will be done when it's done and it's pointless worrying about it. 

The vaccine will then become avalaible to those that didn't meet the previous category, this seemed to be suggested in age bracket groups but again that not 100% clear to the wider public at the moment. 

Things that are further away are less defined and less clear and had wider time boxes around it. The stuff that's happening here and now there is more certainty around and more accurate predictions. 

There is no aspiration to have everyone jabbed by April, and there is no need to have everyone jabbed to reduce restrictions. For the vast majority of people Covid is a short albeit not very nice illness. 

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

Why do you bring this up every 5 seconds? I actually have really bad anxiety problems and you seem to take any opportunity you can to attack me.

I’m pointing out the huge hypocrisy on show here. How can you talk about how open borders are a bad thing atm but fly to Germany the other month. Like does that not strike you as odd And goes against all your chat on here completely. 

anyway it’s an open forum and you’re allowed to say you’re opinion and I’m allowed to say mine. 

Why do you bring this up every 5 seconds? I actually have really bad anxiety problems and you seem to take any opportunity you can to attack me.

I mean it is relative if you did and are also saying 

"I’ve questioned the strategy of leaving borders open from the start"

Sorry if people are attacking you but I mean - it's hard to understand both things at once

Tiers being reviewed again in only 3 days. Doesnt appear to me that any area not in tier 4 is seeing any decrease in cases. In fact the opposite, even in Cornwall cases are now more than doubling every week. Do we think all areas to go into tier 4 on Wednesday? (Or at least announced wednesday)

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Are his tweets based on new information, or are they just an enthusiastic spin on the original Times interview (the times interview had the CEO saying he will hopefully share some info soon showing the Oxford vaccine is as effective as the other ones, but he didn't actually share it, or any specific numbers)?

4 minutes ago, Redwinevino said:

I mean it is relative if you did and are also saying 

"I’ve questioned the strategy of leaving borders open from the start"

Sorry if people are attacking you but I mean - it's hard to understand both things at once

Yes I have questioned the strategy and if our country had left borders closed then I couldn’t and wouldn’t have gone and we would potentially be in a much better situation than we are now. I’m sure a lot of people on here have done something during this pandemic which was allowed albeit questionable, such as utilise the eat out to help out scheme?

If I made a mistake doing what I did then absolutely fine, although it was facilitated by the government which is the bigger issue here in my opinion. But to constantly attack me every time I make a post? The reason I come on this forum is because my head is in turmoil every day with what’s going on in the world and I’m trying to make sense of it and stop my constant anxiety, but to be constantly attacked every time I make a post.. Well it’s not exactly helping my state of mind is it.

Peace out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes I have questioned the strategy and if our country had left borders closed then I couldn’t and wouldn’t have gone and we would potentially be in a much better situation than we are now. I’m sure a lot of people on here have done something during this pandemic which was allowed albeit questionable, such as utilise the eat out to help out scheme?

If I made a mistake doing what I did then absolutely fine, although it was facilitated by the government which is the bigger issue here in my opinion. But to constantly attack me every time I make a post? The reason I come on this forum is because my head is in turmoil every day with what’s going on in the world and I’m trying to make sense of it and stop my constant anxiety, but to be constantly attacked every time I make a post.. Well it’s not exactly helping my state of mind is it.

Peace out. 

What is with this use of the word attack? So hyperbolic. Not every post is ‘attacked’ just the one there where you say the open border policy was a terrible idea while you flew to another country months ago. I can’t believe you actually typed that out and didn’t think it was massively hypocritical. 

I’m sorry but you’re so quick to comment on other people’s behaviour but you can’t think about your own. 

38 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Please try to ignore some of the comments from certain people on here, they just seem to want to be abrasive and go at other posters. Yeah you did go abroad and you’ve been commenting on other people’s activities but there are ways to bring it up and certainly bringing it up frequently like some are does appear to be on the verge of personal. I guess what I’m saying is try to not pay too much attention to them or use the ignore feature.

39 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Tiers being reviewed again in only 3 days. Doesnt appear to me that any area not in tier 4 is seeing any decrease in cases. In fact the opposite, even in Cornwall cases are now more than doubling every week. Do we think all areas to go into tier 4 on Wednesday? (Or at least announced wednesday)

I think most areas will head into tier 4 to be honest, I don’t think they’ll have much of a choice. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Please try to ignore some of the comments from certain people on here, they just seem to want to be abrasive and go at other posters. Yeah you did go abroad and you’ve been commenting on other people’s activities but there are ways to bring it up and certainly bringing it up frequently like some are does appear to be on the verge of personal. I guess what I’m saying is try to not pay too much attention to them or use the ignore feature.

I was just waiting for you to show up ...

How would you suggest I more politely bring up the fact the guy is moaning about people being allowed to fly in and out the country while he himself is flying to Europe? There’s no delicate way to say it - the guys a hypocrite plain and simple. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

I was just waiting for you to show up ...

How would you suggest I more politely bring up the fact the guy is moaning about people being allowed to fly in and out the country while he himself is flying to Europe? There’s no delicate way to say it - the guys a hypocrite plain and simple. 

Just stop going for people, have a look at your posts nearly all of them are going for people for something they do or don’t do on here. You do it quite frequently and can seem quite personal at times. It’s against the spirit of Glastonbury and simply isn’t very nice.

I’m not going to say anymore and derail the thread but take a look at your posts for a minute and you’ll see most of them are criticising people. 

39 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Peace out. 

Blaming the government for you deciding to go on holiday during a pandemic is a bit of a stretch. 
Just because you’re allowed to do something doesn’t mean you can’t make your own judgments. 

• Downvote 1