When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, jparx said:

This “journalism” from Kuenssberg is a disgrace https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55429840

How the “oven ready deal” election pledge is swept aside and Boris praised for negotiating a deal that was apparently ready last year is such a disgrace. Spinning this as some kind of positive for Johnson and his premiership is a helluva propaganda job. This government can get away with murder. And that’s no longer just a turn of phrase...

Kuenssberg is a c**t. 

I'd go as far as to say she's worse than Boris. 

Thanks everyone for helping me through the rollercoaster of 2020 and out the other side ... much love to you all over the festive period and beyond ... soon to be in a new year and things will slowly start turning the corner and hopefully we will get the present we all want and that’s strolling through those gates in june with a cider in hand ... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Merry Christmas everyone, this thread and this place in general have been a big help in getting through this difficult period. Whether it’s the NHS workers we have on here or anyone that’s posted helpful/insightful information for people to use, thank you. I hope everyone can have the best day possible.

15 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Starmer has lost that election then. Nobody will care by then- there arent enough who are passionate enough to want to change the deal, not that it would matter as he's guaranteed the brexit crowd to vote for the Tories again in the hope it will be "upgraded" for them to no deal at all, when maybe they would have found a different issue

I sometimes wonder about these "opposition" leaders you know...

You’re massively underestimating how bad the next four years will be. The deal just means it’s not quite as bad as it could be, but it’s still the hardest of hard Brexits and there will be huge disruptions to everyone’s day to day life as a result of it.

Merry Christmas!

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Merry Christmas everyone, this thread and this place in general have been a big help in getting through this difficult period. Whether it’s the NHS workers we have on here or anyone that’s posted helpful/insightful information for people to use, thank you. I hope everyone can have the best day possible.

Yeah, personally I find this thread a great alternative to the agenda-driven-clickbait media and point scoring politicians from both sides.

I’ve had more sense and balance on here than anywhere else.

When this is all over, I won’t forget how the media and the politicians have acted throughout this pandemic at a time when we should all have been pulling in the same direction.

24 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Merry Christmas to the "When will this shit end?" crew. Don't know where I would have been this year without this thread to pick over everything and make sense of it all. Hope you all have a good one.

Christmas calypso tunes in and Bucks Fizz incoming shortly! 

It sounds like you need to Make Your Mind Up about what music you’re listening to!

(Almost worked ☝️)

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Can use today to discuss the real issues that cause problems. 

What is the actual deal with sprouts? Why are they even a thing?

I have reached an age where I don’t necessarily like sprouts but I eat them now. Not sure whether this is the same with everyone else?