When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Wow! So f#ck everybody else then, aye?

I love how intentionally naive you’re being. Come down off your high horse. People making decisions for themselves isn’t selfish. You do it all the time. Stop being a Puritan.

It’s not the logical thing to do, but I don’t think pointing fingers and shaming people is helpful either. A lot of “just stay at home” messaging seems to come from people who live with their immediate family and for whom these restrictions are much easier to comply with. The government have fucked the messaging on this and should be getting battered for it. The new strain is a convenient excuse which we’re not yet sure is even more infectious.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I love how intentionally naive you’re being. Come down off your high horse. People making decisions for themselves isn’t selfish. You do it all the time. Stop being a Puritan.

I am naive? That's a beauty. People making decisions for themselves is quite literally the definition of selfish. 

Is people leaving London lastnight irresponsible? Yes. Is it understandable? probably in some cases, yes. But to say it's the 'right thing to do' is nothing short of laughable. 

2 minutes ago, zero000 said:

It’s not the logical thing to do, but I don’t think pointing fingers and shaming people is helpful either. A lot of “just stay at home” messaging seems to come from people who live with their immediate family and for whom these restrictions are much easier to comply with. The government have fucked the messaging on this and should be getting battered for it. The new strain is a convenient excuse which we’re not yet sure is even more infectious.

Yeah for me it’s either facing the chance of being locked in a tiny London flat for potentially months where I’m not leaving the flat for literally anything, when all my friends have also left the city (not even that I’m allowed to see them anyway).

Or take a test, take precautions, and leave the city to somewhere with more open space. Family walking distance. And somewhere where I can also work quietly.

No brainer. If anything @Billy Corgan's Egoi’m moving AWAY from people. 

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah. Pretty much. They made the decision that was best for them. Just like anyone who decided to stay.

That's not true though is. Loads of people who have stayed aren't staying because it's best for them they are staying put because it's the responsible thing to do. Friends of mine don't want to spend Xmas alone in their flat in London or Portsmouth they want to be with their family - but they are abiding by the rules because they want to get back to normal as quickly as possible. 

How did you and these fleeing London feel when Manchester wanted a fairer support package? 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

You’re naive if you think this isn’t how a lot of people think 

Swale is in the SE

Of course it is. But you are (were?) convinced there had been no national spread. and that rationale totally changes the logic of of many restrictive measures.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah for me it’s either facing the chance of being locked in a tiny London flat for potentially months where I’m not leaving the flat for literally anything, when all my friends have also left the city (not even that I’m allowed to see them anyway).

Or take a test, take precautions, and leave the city to somewhere with more open space. Family walking distance. And somewhere where I can also work quietly.

No brainer. If anything @Billy Corgan's Egoi’m moving AWAY from people. 

So because the rules impact you it's ok to break them? Do you think it would have been ok for people in other parts of the country to ha e done the same when they were put into enhanced restrictions? 

1 minute ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I am naive? That's a beauty. People making decisions for themselves is quite literally the definition of selfish. 

Is people leaving London lastnight irresponsible? Yes. Is it understandable? probably in some cases, yes. But to say it's the 'right thing to do' is nothing short of laughable. 

Yep- it's the exact opposite of the 'right thing to do'- It's like if someone ate the entire household's food supply in one meal, because they felt really hungry, and so declared it was "the right thing to do".

• Upvote 1

I am one of the selfish people who left London last night, and to be honest I feel pretty bad about having done it.

I live in a flat with my girlfriend who had planned all along to go back with her parents yesterday and they were on their way when the news broke. I then panicked and just said I'd go with her. In hindsight, we probably should have both told her parents to turn around. And if they were picking her up today or next week I would probably argue for us to stay put. But it happened so quickly yesterday and it was as bleak as news has been since march which scared us I think. 

I am not proud of what we've done and feel guilty about any potential damage we have done. I also feel selfish as many people in similar situations will be abiding by the rules and staying put in small London flats instead of moving back to be with parents etc. But I want to enjoy Christmas and not feel guilty the whole time so hopefully I come to accept it.

I guess I just want to express that all those people who left London last night are to some some extent 'selfish' but these are special circumstances and we do have to have sympathy for everyone at this time. No-one is enjoying this and we all need support, not finger pointing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

So because the rules impact you it's ok to break them? Do you think it would have been ok for people in other parts of the country to ha e done the same when they were put into enhanced restrictions? 

It’s not really my business. This is what  happens with the tier system. If some people have the option to not be based somewhere with a higher tier some people will take it.

1 minute ago, Bovla said:

I am one of the selfish people who left London last night, and to be honest I feel pretty bad about having done it.

I live in a flat with my girlfriend who had planned all along to go back with her parents yesterday and they were on their way when the news broke. I then panicked and just said I'd go with her. In hindsight, we probably should have both told her parents to turn around. And if they were picking her up today or next week I would probably argue for us to stay put. But it happened so quickly yesterday and it was as bleak as news has been since march which scared us I think. 

I am not proud of what we've done and feel guilty about any potential damage we have done. I also feel selfish as many people in similar situations will be abiding by the rules and staying put in small London flats instead of moving back to be with parents etc. But I want to enjoy Christmas and not feel guilty the whole time so hopefully I come to accept it.

I guess I just want to express that all those people who left London last night are to some some extent 'selfish' but these are special circumstances and we do have to have sympathy for everyone at this time. No-one is enjoying this and we all need support, not finger pointing

Don’t be forced into guilt by some of the closed minded people here

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

It’s not really my business. This is what  happens with the tier system. If some people have the option to not be based somewhere with a higher tier some people will take it.

I have the option if driving to Cornwall for a pint I don't - because it would be irresponsible and I want to return to normality as quickly as possible for EVERYONE.