When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, WestCountryGirl said:

Yeah, as @Zoo Music Girl says, it's not about the tiers - it's about being able to travel there and back in a day, as you can't stay overnight.

As my journey was Liverpool-Plymouth, it is not in any way practical just to celebrate Christmas Day.

Are you still allowed to stay in a hotel though? Could you maybe do that? See your parents in the day but not stay with them overnight?

I'm sorry for you guys. It is shit.

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

Does seem a little silly though. I mean, if I go over there and everyone is staying in  for the week, what difference will it make if I stay for one day or 5?

I think essentially what the government are after is for people not to travel out of area, but without saying that they're locking the whole country in place.

8 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

Notice he referred to the November to December lockdown as autumn measures? That seemed deliberate, lockdown 1 level restrictions coming again soon at some time.

It was never called a 'lockdown'

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s to limit people having multiple parties with different groups each day

Then surely it would be the amount of people limited and not the duration.

2 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Then surely it would be the amount of people limited and not the duration.

They want to limit the duration. Being close to someone with the virus for 15minutes is less risky than being with them for an hour. Being close to someone with the virus for 8 hours is less risky than being with them for 24 hours.

Hm, I might still go then. I can imagine we'll all just stay in rather than going out to pubs anyway. Shame I wont be able to see my friends over there though :(.

It's just hard trying to find a balance between whats good for the public health and what's good for my mental health. Part of me is scared of the return to normality because I don't even know if my new mind will be able to handle it

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

They want to limit the duration. Being close to someone with the virus for 15minutes is less risky than being with them for an hour. Being close to someone with the virus for 8 hours is less risky than being with them for 24 hours.

Then that's what they should message and not the way they have by saying 1 day... no one will stick to this anyway so it's a moot point.

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

It's just hard trying to find a balance between whats good for the public health and what's good for my mental health. Part of me is scared of the return to normality because I don't even know if my new mind will be able to handle it

The support bubbles exist to help peoples mental health. Don’t be alone this year. You will be allowed to travel to your bubble.