When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

The blame lies solely with the government for not putting London and SE in highest tier when they had the chance. We all predicted it and knew it would play out like this. Surely the experts would have known this

ok...I'm all for blaming the govt when deserved...but at same time we have this new variant and it's all very fast moving...

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah, I just this week booked my train tickets. Feel stupid now. Haven't seen most of my family since February; even last Christmas for some of them. Miss my mum's doggos 😞

I was so excited to have Christmas with my doggo 😞 Because of various young family members he's been put in kennels the last few Christmasses anyway. As this year was to be just me and boyfriend, and parents, he was going to be home for it.

I'm sorry, man. I'm sorry for all of us. I can't even talk to my Mum yet - just crying.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

ok...I'm all for blaming the govt when deserved...but at same time we have this new variant and it's all very fast moving...

This is deserved, this was completely foreseeable with or without a new variant. They should've had the ability to see a potential problem and have measures in place. They didn't do this and as such many people will now have to suffer. Make no mistake this is the worst possible government to be in charge at a time like this.

Just now, Gingerfish79 said:

So, in tier 3, on Christmas Eve no indoor mixing of households, Christmas Day 3 households, Boxing Day back to no mixing. Which implies no overnight stays. Have I got that right?

I think so, give it a few and the gov website will be updated and I can confirm.

Just now, Gingerfish79 said:

So, in tier 3, on Christmas Eve no indoor mixing of households, Christmas Day 3 households, Boxing Day back to no mixing. Which implies no overnight stays. Have I got that right?

Pretty much. Sober Christmas for a lot of people. This will be ignored by many 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is deserved, this was completely foreseeable with or without a new variant. They should've had the ability to see a potential problem and have measures in place. They didn't do this and as such many people will now have to suffer. Make no mistake this is the worst possible government to be in charge at a time like this.

yeah, sure...I didn't support the christmas relaxation of rules...but for a lot of people this was very important to them.

I guess it just feels unfair to blame the govt for this new strain which is a lot more infectious.

3 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I was so excited to have Christmas with my doggo 😞 Because of various young family members he's been put in kennels the last few Christmasses anyway. As this year was to be just me and boyfriend, and parents, he was going to be home for it.

I'm sorry, man. I'm sorry for all of us. I can't even talk to my Mum yet - just crying.

What tier are your parents in?

I'm really hoping I can still travel to see my family in Yorkshire but I really don't know what the rules are anymore; it's just so confusing. I don't have a partner or any family in Liverpool so not sure what i'll do if I'm stuck here 😞

(p.s. got any pics of the doggo? 👀)

Thoughts with those in the new tier 4. Shite or what eh? Serious questions need to be asked about why London was tier 2 for so long I think. This feels just about as bleak as any point since March and that’s saying something considering we have a vaccine. 

Can’t say the new one day Christmas thing changes the game for us. We were keeping it quiet anyway. We’re just going to spend two weeks eating and drinking non stop I think...

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm really hoping I can still travel to see my family in Yorkshire but I really don't know what the rules are anymore; it's just so confusing. I don't have a partner or any family in Liverpool so not sure what i'll do if I'm stuck here 😞

You can only see them on Christmas Day now so depends if you can travel then. If following the rules.

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah, as @Zoo Music Girl says, it's not about the tiers - it's about being able to travel there and back in a day, as you can't stay overnight.

As my journey was Liverpool-Plymouth, it is not in any way practical just to celebrate Christmas Day.