When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

is there somewhere that lists local covid rates around the country, that's more up-to-date with its data than the local covid map (which is very good but nearly a week old)?

Is anyone able to help with that please?

follow @avds on twitter .... thats the most up to date ive seen .... 

this is the latest sw 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

is there somewhere that lists local covid rates around the country, that's more up-to-date with its data than the local covid map (which is very good but nearly a week old)?

If you go to the cases section of the gov dashboard then scroll down to ‘cases by area (last 7 days)’ that will give you the option to select different regions and give the 7 day specimen average.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Local newspapers seem to offer the best and most recent data but I'm not sure there is one place that collates it all.

Here is some recent data for Cornwall that breaks it down into pretty small local areas.

https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/18949904.new-covid-cases-clusters-cornwall-map-include-helston/

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Manchester Evening News tends to report it so I imagine lots of other places do, there's a list at the bottom of this article for the whole country

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-greater-manchesters-infection-rates-19467509

3 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I can’t see Manchester moving down a tier. the rates are higher than Bristol and Bristol is staying at tier 3. And of course moving down a tier plus Christmas gatherings is an incredibly risky strategy. 

Plus let’s not forget the real reason - Boris and co have a new public enemy number one in Andy Burnham. They certainly won’t be giving him favourable terms for anything any time soon - unless they have no other choice to. 

Edited by st dan

Yep, I live in central Bristol and there is no way they're moving us down a tier. Although Tier 2 wouldn't have changed anything for me... I'm bubbled with my parents and can only meet my partner outdoors whether we're in 2 or 3. Restaurants would be open for 2 but I wouldn't be able to go to one with her. 

Just now, DTichborne said:

Yep, I live in central Bristol and there is no way they're moving us down a tier. Although Tier 2 wouldn't have changed anything for me... I'm bubbled with my parents and can only meet my partner outdoors whether we're in 2 or 3. Restaurants would be open for 2 but I wouldn't be able to go to one with her. 

exactly this ... im not basing behaviour based on tiers .... im basing it on what is best for me personally 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

He’s a very healthy guy, so hopefully a mild case. It’s mental how many world leaders seem to get this thing. 

just shows how much bollocks covid secure is .... although they must interact with lots of people so therefore increased risk to them ...

15 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Manchester Evening News tends to report it so I imagine lots of other places do, there's a list at the bottom of this article for the whole country

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-greater-manchesters-infection-rates-19467509

The small print on the MEN charts says they're 4 days out of date.

3 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

This is what happens when u are in tier 1, goes from a safe area to rising cases quite quickly. Cornwall being seen as a covid free area is now no longer the case sadly.

Screenshot_20201217-093454_Twitter.jpg

To be honest I think the cases are rising (or about to start rising) in the whole country. I think things are going to start escalating pretty quick over the next 3 weeks. Today’s figures will be especially nasty with the backlog and I could see us hitting 30k+ as a standard in 2 weeks time, with London 10k cases alone.

3 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

To be honest I think the cases are rising (or about to start rising) in the whole country. I think things are going to start escalating pretty quick over the next 3 weeks. Today’s figures will be especially nasty with the backlog and I could see us hitting 30k+ as a standard in 2 weeks time, with London 10k cases alone.

Tbh I hope Cornwall is put into tier 2 later today, as in a few days time we will be nearly up there with Bristol if cases keep rising at the rate they are.

37 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Not exactly what you are after but I find this quite useful https://electionmaps.uk/covid19-tier-map

Looks like the ‘stay at home for Christmas’ message is being ramped up from all angles today - from both a science and political viewpoint. 
I actually think this will hit home with quite a lot of people who might now have a last minute change of plans given how prominent the message is. That coupled with the 40k+ cases and 600+ deaths expected today, then hopefully many will be persuaded that it’s just not worth the risk. 

• Upvote 1