When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m just crossing my fingers medical supplies won’t be affected... They say they won’t be ... but they have said a lot of bollocks .... Raab  looked a complete mess on Marr ... we are fucked 😞 

Considering that they didn’t even plan for a pandemic which was top of the list of threats to the country, I have no faith they have planned for no deal. 

Prof Gilbert has said chances were “pretty high” of the Oxford/AstraZeneca jab being available by the end of the year.

On the chance of people receiving the vaccine before the end of the year, she told the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show: “It depends on the age group you’re in and the JCVI (Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation) prioritisations.

“I think the chances are pretty high. But we do need multiple vaccines, all countries need multiple vaccines, the world needs multiple vaccines and we need vaccines made using different technologies, if that’s possible.”

When asked how many people needed to be vaccinated for life to return to normal, Prof Gilbert added: “If we’re trying to protect the most vulnerable, then in this country we’re planning to immunise about 20 million people based on age and also the frontline healthcare workers.”

3 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Could be entirely wrong but I agree with this, Boris always seems to pull something about of the bag when you least expect it so it may happen here too 

yeah...up the ante before the EU make a move on something like the future divergence thing and then claim a massive victory brought about by being tough...and maybe there's some truth to that...but also a lot of theatrics and media nonsense.

Bojo has good form for this sort of thing, he did something similar with the withdawel agreement last year.

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I'm betting contine talks...and then a deal mid week. Optimistic bollocks.

It's all theatre, can't be arsed with the BS theatrics so haven't wasted my time following it. I agree with this outlook though 

Just now, steviewevie said:

yeah...up the ante before the EU make a move on something like the future divergence thing and then claim a massive victory brought about by being tough...and maybe there's some truth to that...but also a lot of theatrics and media nonsense.

Bojo has good form for this sort of thing, he did something similar with the withdawel agreement last year.

My exact thoughts, he'll push them to the limit until they cave on something and come back victorious as the guy who got Brexit done and saved the country with the vaccine roll out 

Last night at our efest zoom meet we had a bit of a poll ..... from 9 people present .... 9 were going to do  less than the government are allowing over the Christmas period , with most having Christmas with households , maybe with the exception of dropping off presents .... maybe there is some hope for the not ramping up of cases given that schools are closed too .... fingers crossed ... I know that wasnt scientific or anything ... but it gives a little hope