When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's quite general that isn't it? Any severe allergic reactions at all? Or is that just until they pin down the actual problem.

Yeah, that's really made me think twice.

I wouldn't say I have "a history" of severe allergic reaction, but I am allergic to penicillin. This was discovered through exposure to it on one occasion when I was a toddler. No severe reactions to anything else since, but I've been told that if I ever had penicillin again it would be a severe reaction. So does that put me in the risky group with the vaccine or not?

30 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Two severe reactions to the vaccine, those with a history of allergies should not take it 

Mate, you've been told about this before. If you're reading stuff on twitter or a news source post it here as a source, rather than just parroting it and having to get people to scrabble around and find out if it's legit or not.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Read that last night - probably the best summation of the last few years I've read.  I'd forgotten just quite how batshit things had been (and I remember quite a lot of it)

It’s just another clickbait story to get page views. It’s a non issue as people can be allergic to anything. It doesn’t mean the vaccine isn’t safe for everyone. Just those who are prone to allergic reactions to vaccinations should get some more advice before taking it. 

At some point in the next couple of months someone will unfortunately die after taking the vaccine, probably not because of the vaccine, mainly due to most of those being vaccinated are elderly and in a high risk category but you know the clickbait media are going have an absolute field day when that day comes. 

Trust the science not the media. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s just another clickbait story to get page views. It’s a non issue as people can be allergic to anything. It doesn’t mean the vaccine isn’t safe for everyone. Just those who are prone to allergic reactions to vaccinations should get some more advice before taking it. 

At some point in the next couple of months someone will unfortunately die after taking the vaccine, probably not because of the vaccine, mainly due to most of those being vaccinated are elderly and in a high risk category but you know the clickbait media are going have an absolute field day when that day comes. 

Absolutely. It is law of averages that - with thousands, and then millions of over 80s being vaccinated - we will soon see a number of deaths in cases where people had the vaccine in their recent past.

I really hope the media are sensible with their reporting. I have no trust in that whatsoever though, sadly.

Edited by Mellotr0n
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I wouldn’t say it’s click bait but I agree with everything else. That’s why this is perfectly normal and par for the course. 

The story needs reporting though as open reporting about all factors is the way to build up trust with the public. If it wasn’t reported and then came out via a leak then that would cause suspicion too. The CMO has spoken about it too MPs and the story from what I’ve seen has been balanced and factual. 

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Trust no one.

More detail relating to the above tweet, from Whitty today;

Vaccine will reduce deaths and hospital admission 'substantially'

Some positive news from Professor Whitty next.

He outlined "what the vaccine will do for sure", amid doubt whether jabs will reduce transmission of the virus as well as offer individual protection.

"I think it will reduce transmission," he said.

But he added: "It will reduce the mortality rate substantially. 

"Then it'll start to reduce the number of people who go into hospital.

"And at a certain point, through society, through political leaders, they will say this level of risk is something we are prepared to tolerate.

"For example, in an average year 7,000 people die of flu.

"At this point, the risk is now low enough that we can do away with the most onerous things we have to deal with."

7 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

More detail relating to the above tweet, from Whitty today;

Vaccine will reduce deaths and hospital admission 'substantially'

Some positive news from Professor Whitty next.

He outlined "what the vaccine will do for sure", amid doubt whether jabs will reduce transmission of the virus as well as offer individual protection.

"I think it will reduce transmission," he said.

But he added: "It will reduce the mortality rate substantially. 

"Then it'll start to reduce the number of people who go into hospital.

"And at a certain point, through society, through political leaders, they will say this level of risk is something we are prepared to tolerate.

"For example, in an average year 7,000 people die of flu.

"At this point, the risk is now low enough that we can do away with the most onerous things we have to deal with."

Which makes sense and goes in-line with what some of us were saying yesterday with a gradual relaxation of restrictions as more and more get vaccinated.