When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

14 hours ago, xxialac said:

Worth remembering that fishing sector contributes

• One eighth of one percent towards the UK economy 
  • One tenth of one percent of UK jobs

Why it should be so constantly high up the agenda is beyond me.

They might as well be arguing about jousting.

That's 1 in a 1000 people though, which is actually a lot higher than I thought it would be.

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that'll include everyone in the fish supply chain, down to the retailer.

Yeah and having more access to waters isn't going to magically create lots of new jobs if there's no one to sell the fish to, especially at the tariff price.

The argument is ideological, not practical.

55 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

If anyone’s interested here are some of the reasons why Finland has done so well with COVID. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/coronavirus-finland-sweden-role-model/a-55664117

5. No parties? No problem!

The German government recently released an online ad in which it urged people to stay at home and embrace the couch potato concept. That obviously doesn't come easily to many people. However Finland, yet again, appears to be bucking the trend.

An EU Parliament survey found that 23% of Finns said their lives had improved noticeably as a result of the lockdown earlier this year. "We're not very sociable and prefer to be alone," Nelli Hankonen, a social psychologist at Helsinki University, told the AFP news agency.

Another factor that may play a role is the personal comfort zone — how close you want to get to another person. "It may well be that the Finnish comfort zone is slightly bigger than in other European countries," said the THL's Salminen. "We like to keep 3 feet distance between us and the next person. Otherwise we feel uncomfortable."

I was born in the wrong country

Just now, jparx said:

Vaccinations start tomorrow! Tomorrow is the day we’ve been waiting for since this thing began. 

yep absoluttely ... I asked earlier but will ask again .... does anyone know anyone getting one ? based on the 1million per week figure that was talked about I would hope by the end of the week that first dose should be in 800,000 people ? 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

yep absoluttely ... I asked earlier but will ask again .... does anyone know anyone getting one ? based on the 1million per week figure that was talked about I would hope by the end of the week that first dose should be in 800,000 people ? 

I don’t know anyone getting it tomorrow, but my grandad is down for one next week. My grandma is 79 though so she has to wait, which is a shame! Be nice to get them both ticked off right away.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I don’t know anyone getting it tomorrow, but my grandad is down for one next week. My grandma is 79 though so she has to wait, which is a shame! Be nice to get them both ticked off right away.

How did he find out? Letter in the post with a confirmed date? Able to go to local(ish) GP or to main hub hospital?

Sorry for deluge of questions, just fascinated by the process.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

fantastic news ... hopefully thats from a second batch to arrive ... can someone not make him up some of that rubbish fake ID that the pubs used to accept back in the day :) 

Just now, Mellotr0n said:

How did he find out? Letter in the post with a confirmed date? Able to go to local(ish) GP or to main hub hospital?

Sorry for deluge of questions, just fascinated by the process.

Not sure - might have to get back to you! Only found out from my mum this morning over text.

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

According to some theories earlier you'd think all the 80+ year olds will probably be posting on their socials using their smart phones about it later :lol:

@thegreyperm says "Buzzin for my vaccination tomoz #vax4lyf #bingoisback #sagahols21"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

People who get vaccinated early on still have to be careful, wear masks and keep distance etc,  as don't know if they can pass onto others...right?

Yeah that’s it. They still don’t really know if the virus can be spread so they are asking people to be careful. Which makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

People who get vaccinated early on still have to be careful, wear masks and keep distance etc,  as don't know if they can pass onto others...right?

yes absolutely .... the same rules apply ... but what it does do is remove some of the worry for these people which is very important too .... I will be so much happier and more relaxed once I get mine  :) 

• Like 1