When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I'm bracing myself for the worst. The UK are rushing ahead with a vaccine which will probably be done with the most at-risk group before June. Meanwhile, Australia has confirmed that despite leading the world in pre-vaccine response, they won't be vaccinating anyone whatsoever until March 2021.

So by the time the vaccine here get to the moderately healthy, moderately young lowlife like me, it'll be too late to be recognised by airlines/immigration and Australia-based folk have to witness Glastonbury happening without any means of being there.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

I'm bracing myself for the worst. The UK are rushing ahead with a vaccine which will probably be done with the most at-risk group before June. Meanwhile, Australia has confirmed that despite leading the world in pre-vaccine response, they won't be vaccinating anyone whatsoever until March 2021.

So by the time the vaccine here get to the moderately healthy, moderately young lowlife like me, it'll be too late to be recognised by airlines/immigration and Australia-based folk have to witness Glastonbury happening without any means of being there.

Hopefully a few negative tests will get you there ... we won’t all be vaccinated by June by any means .... don’t loose hope yet .... we have no idea how this will play out ... fingers firmly crossed for you and all those folks abroad 

30 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Derek Hatton is the 72 year old as well allegedly.

21 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

What are the associated testing numbers like?  Nationwide testing numbers have been high for the last 3 days so this could be reflected by high cases.

got to be those bloody students taking tests hasn't it ? :)  ..... for clarity they are doing exactly the right thing :) ..... are the students showing up at Uni addresses now or home ones ? just wondered as my local numbers have crept up the last few days 

Edited by crazyfool1

11 hours ago, Homer said:

Sounds great! How did they allocate seats out of interest? Been wondering this as assume demand is huge! A lottery among season ticket holders? Was where you travel from a consideration? Ta!

Late reply to this! When season tickets went on sale in June they made it clear that in the case of limited capacity tickets would be offered out to STHs in the order at which they purchased the seat. So in the days running up to Wednesday the first 1000 STHs to buy their place back in June / July were given unique codes to guarantee a seat online - those who could not attend (Tier 3, medical reasons or just generally uncomfortable) were told to contact the club and their code would go to the next ticket holder on the list! The next game is supposedly 2000 capacity, and the club capped season ticket sales at 2400 over Summer, so almost all season ticket holders will be in soon. It was exceptionally handled from start to finish. 

50 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

What are the associated testing numbers like?  Nationwide testing numbers have been high for the last 3 days so this could be reflected by high cases.

It looks like virus prevalence is rising in London, Essex and Kent. Cases 100k are rising, all triage calls to 111 for COVID in the last week are from those areas too.

Cases for the whole of the country are only down 1% now from this time last week. It’s too early for student testing to be playing a part. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

It looks like virus prevalence is rising in London, Essex and Kent. Cases 100k are rising, all triage calls to 111 for COVID in the last week are from those areas too.

Cases for the whole of the country are only down 1% now from this time last week. It’s too early for student testing to be playing a part. 

Its basically havering and the borders of kent/Essex pushing the average up. Rest of London is ok

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Whys that ? Didn’t testing start early this week ? And were they not doing the tests that show a quick result ? 

12 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Its basically havering and the borders of kent/Essex pushing the average up. Rest of London is ok

I don’t think that’s the case, not according to the data which you can see in the graph below. Other areas are contributing to the rising cases in London.

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Whys that ? Didn’t testing start early this week ? And were they not doing the tests that show a quick result ? 

Going by the 7 day average as of yesterday the latest specimen date was Nov 29th which meant that not that many student tests had been counted yet. 

1122D8B1-031E-4922-8A90-6969ECB5EA9E.png

Edited by Ozanne

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Honestly mate, it would really really surprise me if airlines brought in such measures within the next year. Until a vaccine is widely available and accessible, why would airlines only allow a small minority to fly? The airline industry has been devastated in the last 9 months, I dont feel they would make it even more difficult to fly than it is at present. I’m sure it’ll be a negative test to board until such a time when vaccines are widely available. 

13 minutes ago, TorontoScot said:

Honestly mate, it would really really surprise me if airlines brought in such measures within the next year. Until a vaccine is widely available and accessible, why would airlines only allow a small minority to fly? The airline industry has been devastated in the last 9 months, I dont feel they would make it even more difficult to fly than it is at present. I’m sure it’ll be a negative test to board until such a time when vaccines are widely available. 

Great point there mate. I think you’re spot on. Same applies for countries too - why would you further damage your tourism industry by demanding proof of vaccination? It’ll be negative test or vaccination - some countries maybe nothing at all.

Edited by jparx
  • Upvote 1