When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

43 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I get that point but...why not make everyone take the flu vaccine every year for that same reason? It's full on double standards

I'm more likely to take it WITHOUT a vaccine passport than with one, because of that reason

and if I do decide to take it with a vaccine passport because I get bored, I will be boycotting hospitality businesses that demand it, and only giving money to those that don't demand it - I feel that strongly about where the country could end up with such a system available to future governments. And yes I include festivals in that

Because it's not the flu.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Because it's not the flu.

Not now but once those likely to die from it are vaccinated it'll be at a similar level for the rest of the population. But we'll all be vaccinated by this time next year whatever those of us on the fringes think. (And we're probably on the fringes for a reason-  I know I'm probably wrong!) 

Edited by efcfanwirral

37 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Ah yes, My mistake. Combining the two looks to be about 3 million per week, coming out at about 16/17 weeks. Not sure why NHS is publicising one million per week unless they are looking to underpromise and overachieve.

Maybe the NHS are just actually trying to be realistic with a timeline rather than overpromising and underachieving?

I can totally understand those with less chance of getting it not bothering.  Tbh I've been offered flu vaccine last few years but this is first time I took it up . But I'm definitely taking this when offered due to my age and underlying condition.  

Hopefully it will work itself out number wise across the population 

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Maybe the NHS are just actually trying to be realistic with a timeline rather than overpromising and underachieving?

Possibly. I've no idea. I was just going on what had been published as a target ie the 1 million. Wasn't me saying that was rubbish.

Just now, Copperface said:

Possibly. I've no idea. I was just going on what had been published as a target ie the 1 million. Wasn't me saying that was rubbish.

I have no clue either. I was just trying to say we can swing it both ways. I’ve got no clue on distribution timelines but I’m personally going to take the government’s claims with a pinch of salt after the testing malarkey.

46 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Really seems like splitting hairs for no good reason at all.

I still heavily favour a deal to go ahead.

Given how bent this government is I would not be surprised at all if this is just a bit of fake uncertainty to upset the market, short the shite out of their personal stockholdings before buying up tomorrow afternoon, a weekend of good news later and this time on monday rodney, we’ll all be billionaires.

53 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Uh oh. Pfizer now only going to hit 50% of what it had planned to in 2020.

"U.K. Health Secretary Matt Hancock said the shots will be rolled out as quickly as they can be made at Pfizer’s Belgium plant. Some 800,000 are due in the coming days and “several millions” throughout December, he said.

35 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't think it will hit 2000 to be honest. It's not over, but we're past the most dramatic parts. 327 pages is quite a lot.

Still turning over 10pages per day ... 32 days time will be around the new year ... maybe slightly after ...