When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

I think he recognises its a big tory pat on the back party. Also i’d say it makes ronnie winning more likely because i’d say theres a fair bit of crossover between fans of the two.

Ronnie winning would be like rage beating whatever cowell-bot was up for christmas no1 that year.

Isn't Hamilton quite obviously winning the thing?

Just now, mattiloy said:

I think he recognises its a big tory pat on the back party. Also i’d say it makes ronnie winning more likely because i’d say theres a fair bit of crossover between fans of the two.

Ronnie winning would be like rage beating whatever cowell-bot was up for christmas no1 that year.

Its gonna take some break for Ronnie to win it .... The balls are all in Hamiltons court in afraid  :) tax dodger or not hes one amazing driver which is what the award is all about ..... 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Its gonna take some break for Ronnie to win it .... The balls are all in Hamiltons court in afraid  :) tax dodger or not hes one amazing driver which is what the award is all about ..... 

Driving specifically? Because Ronnie became the most decorated snooker player of all time this year. Hamilton merely equalled schumacher in an uncompetitive era.

• Downvote 1

Just now, mattiloy said:

Driving specifically? Because Ronnie became the most decorated snooker player of all time this year. Hamilton merely equalled schumacher in an uncompetitive era.

doesnt Bottas drive the same car ? and hamiltons other teammates over the years  ? so its uncompetitive because of Hamilton .... That makes him very good id say to dominate like he has ... along with the reminder at the weekend of the dangers of F1 ... he will pocket that award ..... Schumacher was rightly lauded for his achievement and was also dominant because of his talent , so also so should Lewis 

2 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Well if there’s anyone capable of some break it’s Ronnie O’Sullivan. 

(Sorry)

see previous post ....  I was dropping some snooker references to see if it cued a response :) ... balls in Hamiltons court :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

well, it's a public vote...and Hamilton really isn't that popular...and he's black...so Sullivan could actually win.

Lets hope he does. That would stick it to all the posh dullards of the world. Suck it Clare Balding, up the ruddy Ronny!

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

I’d tend to agree but clearly this operates a looser definition of a sport- if F1 is a sport then so is commuting.

Let me know when you next experience 6G  and 200mph on your commute ...... and not the mobile phone signal variety !! 

Snooker is a more relatable sport to the average person. Anyone can go to their local club and have a go themselves. There’s no huge expense to get into the sport, it’s pure talent and nothing else. Darts is the same and so is football. 

F1 takes a lot of financial backing from a very young age even to have a small chance of making it. It’s very much an elite sport similar to show jumping etc. 

You generally need to be from the right background to make it. Hamilton is a rarity, he didn’t come from a privileged background, his dad worked multiple jobs and luckily he was spotted at a very young age by McLaren who financially backed him as he made his way through the junior series. 

He’s equalled the previous worlds best and can go on to beat that record if he wished. Definitely a talent worthy of recognition.

Saying that though, he is line for a knighthood and has previously won SPOTY. Does he really need the extra exposure or has there been another breakthrough star who deserves it more?

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Snooker is a more relatable sport to the average person. Anyone can go to their local club and have a go themselves. There’s no huge expense to get into the sport, it’s pure talent and nothing else. Darts is the same and so is football. 

F1 takes a lot of financial backing from a very young age even to have a small chance of making it. It’s very much an elite sport similar to show jumping etc. 

You generally need to be from the right background to make it. Hamilton is a rarity, he didn’t come from a privileged background, his dad worked multiple jobs and luckily he was spotted at a very young age by McLaren who financially backed him as he made his way through the junior series. 

He’s equalled the previous worlds best and can go on to beat that record if he wished. Definitely a talent worthy of recognition.

Saying that though, he is line for a knighthood and has previously won SPOTY. Does he really need the extra exposure or has there been another breakthrough star who deserves it more?

both snooker and f1 can be pretty fuckin boring, but at least f1 has loud cars and crashes and stuff.