When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Nicola Sturgeon has said the MHRA’s approval of the Pfizer/BioNtech vaccine is the best news since the pandemic began and that vaccinations in Scotland will start on Tuesday 8 December. At her briefing she said:

Today does feel like it might be the beginning of the end of this horrible experience ... I feel a lightness of heart I haven’t felt for quite some time.

Hancock is responding to Ashworth. He thanks him for working supportively and constructively with the government.

He says if he and Ashworth can encourage others to get vaccinated by getting vaccinated at the same time, he would do that.

He says there will be a public information campaign.

He says he cannot say how many people will be vaccinated by January. The total number of batches to be produced by then is not clear. The manufacturing process is complicated, he says. It is not a chemical; it is a biological product.

He says everyone wants to know how many people need to be vaccinated before restrictions can be lifted. He says we know that the vaccine stops people getting ill. But we don’t know its impact on asymptomatic transmission, and so we can’t answer that question, he says.

He says the government does hope to be able to use testing to allow things that were not allowed before. Care home visits are an example. If there are other examples that can be approved by a director of public health, and the chief medical officer, the government will be receptive. He says he wants people to be creative about this.

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

NO PRIZES FOR SECOND VLAD

PUTIN: RUSSIA TO BEGIN MASS COVID-19 VACCINATION NEXT WEEK

no but in the scheme of things its important to remember the pandemic is global and humanity all over the world deserve a break and hopefully it gets rolled out to the less well off countries equally as fast 

• Upvote 2

Didn’t catch his name, but the Tory MP congratulating Hancock and the government on the vaccine, but not scientists...yeah the government bought a load of the vaccine, but they’re pretty low down the list of people who need congratulating. Unless of course it’s “congratulations on having a get out from this mess you’ve caused”

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Didn’t catch his name, but the Tory MP congratulating Hancock and the government on the vaccine, but not scientists...yeah the government bought a load of the vaccine, but they’re pretty low down the list of people who need congratulating. Unless of course it’s “congratulations on having a get out from this mess you’ve caused”

I guess they're desperate to look like they've done something right, and to be fair in terms of pre-ordering vaccines we are in a pretty good place...just got to hope the COVAX thing works well in distributing the vaccines globally also.

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It also doesn’t matter which country did something first, it’s a great achievement for humanity as a whole brought about by several countries working together. 

You’re correct, however to Governments and Politicians it is of huge significance. Johnson can put on his CV that he was PM of the first country to roll out an approved vaccine - masking over all the other horrendous ways the pandemic has been handled. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Blackford is one dour character.   I’m waiting for him to say ‘ we will take no vaccine approval from Tories down south and will wait for the McVaccine to be developed’   

Blackford aside, let’s not be tricked into thinking this is the Tories vaccine/approval 🙂 

21 minutes ago, st dan said:

You’re correct, however to Governments and Politicians it is of huge significance. Johnson can put on his CV that he was PM of the first country to roll out an approved vaccine - masking over all the other horrendous ways the pandemic has been handled. 

Knowing our country it’ll probably work as well 🙃

23 minutes ago, st dan said:

not sure how much difference will make in the end...pfizer has said vaccine will be delivered to UK in stages as also needs to be distributed equally globally...by next summer I'm sure we'll be in roughly the same place as the rest of europe, and hopefully everywhere else.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

He just knows he won't win it, so better to cause a scene and save some face. 

I think he recognises its a big tory pat on the back party. Also i’d say it makes ronnie winning more likely because i’d say theres a fair bit of crossover between fans of the two.

Ronnie winning would be like rage beating whatever cowell-bot was up for christmas no1 that year.