When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

given the need to boost tourism next year and the fact social distancing isn't viable for a lot of the hospitality trade, i simply don't see them keeping social distancing once the vaccines are out there and the death rates/hospitalisations start to fall. 

I'm sort-of with you about that. And for tourism, there's probably no better signal to the world than Glastonbury.

And yet I'm still worried that some of the more-minor restrictions will linger on.

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

The fact Matt Hancock is getting vaccinated live on TV actually just really annoys me. He’s hardly in the category of people who need it first is he.

So many of the Facebook warriors are calling for the politicians to prove its safe. Giving him the jab first sends the message directly to them. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I'm sort-of with you about that. And for tourism, there's probably no better signal to the world than Glastonbury.

And yet I'm still worried that some of the more-minor restrictions will linger on.

Yeah i can see that they would insist on mask wearing indoors/while travelling and handwashing/need to isloate if you catch the virus. I dont think they can hold the 2m rule past easter, people arent doing now really anyway

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

So many of the Facebook warriors are calling for the politicians to prove its safe. Giving him the jab first sends the message directly to them. 

Well in my opinion it’s just a waste of 4 doses which could have been given to someone with more need for it.

When we have enough doses for mass rollout, fine, vaccinate him on live tv, but at the moment doses are limited and should be reserved for those who need it most.

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

Well in my opinion it’s just a waste of 4 doses which could have been given to someone with more need for it.

When we have enough doses for mass rollout, fine, vaccinate him on live tv, but at the moment doses are limited and should be reserved for those who need it most.

If his live vaccination convinces vulnerable people that otherwise wouldn’t take it then it’s 4 doses well spent

• Upvote 5

It seems a bit of a waste to use it on a politician I agree. Save it for people that need it most. Can’t they find someone else that is vulnerable, in the public eye and willing to take it live on TV?

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

If his live vaccination convinces vulnerable people that otherwise wouldn’t take it then it’s 4 doses well spent

I think sceptics are going to be a hard win to convince over. If he takes a vaccine on live tv most people are just going to say it’s water or something fake like that.

Also for a lot of people the fact that the UK is the first country to approve this vaccination before EU regulators could be a cause for concern.

When we are starting mass vaccination (next month) that’s the time to launch the persuasion campaign.

3 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

That's a rather cynical way of looking at it.

Within the next couple of weeks we could be in a place where both the Moderna vaccine and Oxford vaccine get the same regulatory approval (all signs point to these getting it) so we'll have plenty of vaccine to go around.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

It seems a bit of a waste to use it on a politician I agree. Save it for people that need it most. Can’t they find someone else that is vulnerable, in the public eye and willing to take it live on TV?

image.thumb.jpeg.08eb0d96f364aed99b7fb2267c3883a9.jpeg

This man would be ideal for that. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I agree. Those four doses could be used to save two lives, I don’t get why he needs to be first in line.

I think sceptics are going to be a hard win to convince over. If he takes a vaccine on live tv most people are just going to say it’s water or something fake like that.

Also for a lot of people the fact that the UK is the first country to approve this vaccination before EU regulators could be a cause for concern.

When we are starting mass vaccination (next month) that’s the time to launch the persuasion campaign.

Nah, they need to perusde people to take it next week. So needs to start now really

Just now, JoeyT said:

That's a rather cynical way of looking at it.

Within the next couple of weeks we could be in a place where both the Moderna vaccine and Oxford vaccine get the same regulatory approval (all signs point to these getting it) so we'll have plenty of vaccine to go around.

We “could be in a place”. We have no clue. What if something goes wrong with production or distribution of one of these vaccines? We should take nothing for granted.

Its great Pfizer has been authorised but let’s get it those who need it the most first. I’m not taking oxford for granted until it’s distributed.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don't think that really works, even if they lined up loads of old well-known tories from the HoL.

I don't like the idea of Hancock or Spaffer jumping the queue, but I really think it needs to be them (both of them) shown as getting it as they're the ones with the political investment in the vaccine and it's that political investment which is the convincer for those who need to be convinced.

Personally, I reckon a majority of the anti-vax loud-mouths will be quietly in the queue for the vaccine. 

Edited by eFestivals

I agree. Those four doses could be used to save two lives, I don’t get why he needs to be first in line.

Because if seeing him getting it convinces more to take it, then more lives are potentially saved.

Although I'd rather he didn't get it, because he's had the virus already, and also fuck him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

Because if seeing him getting it convinces more to take it, then more lives are potentially saved.

Although I'd rather he didn't get it, because he's had the virus already, and also fuck him.

Interestingly though, these vaccines have only been tested on healthy candidates, and not those who were previously infected. 

Here's an idea, why don't we focus on the other 799,996 doses that will be given out?

I couldn't give a rats arse about people getting it live on tv but to focus on that rather than the overwhelming positive news having an approved vaccine is, it's just utterly bonkers.

• Upvote 1

There’s only 400,000 next week. It will only be available for nhs before January and most nhs staff are likely to take it anyway.

NHS staff need persuading as well judging from some of the chats ive had.

But anyway, i think getting it in public perception early thats its safe is worthwhile

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Even looking at a cynical point of view, the leadership of countries should probably be in first in line for vaccinations anyway. The disruption caused by them falling ill with Covid...

Yeah there's a central command of key people that should probably be in the first wave getting it. Johnson, witty etc