When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

same as Spaffer gave xmas the go-ahead back in the summer...? :P 

He just pulled that out of his arse though. The govt may well balls up this vaccine rollout, but indications are there that we can be where we need to be come the summer. 

16 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Two questions:

1) Who will be the first Minister / MP filmed getting a vaccine?

2. What date will they be hitting our screens?

I reckon it will be celebrities to be filmed live on tv, hows about the king/queen of the castle from I’m a celeb as soon as they are crowned.  In fact scrub that, hows about Queen and the Duke live from buck palace? 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

I reckon it will be celebrities to be filmed live on tv, hows about the king/queen of the castle from I’m a celeb as soon as they are crowned.  In fact scrub that, hows about Queen and the Duke live from buck palace? 

Replace Ma’am’s Christmas Day speech with live footage of her getting jabbed?

I still think doing the politicians while they walk into the Commons for PMQs is a good idea.

15 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

What happened to being ready to begin vaccinating people within hours of regulatory approval? Oh wait we don’t actually have any and will only have 800,000 next week and that’s it until after the new year. 

Bet you're fun at parties!

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

He just pulled that out of his arse though. The govt may well balls up this vaccine rollout, but indications are there that we can be where we need to be come the summer. 

Indications are that things will be better in the summer, certainly.

That doesn't necessarily mean that everything will be OK for festivals. For instance, social distancing might still be the thing.

Hancock said less about 'normal' this morning than he's done since the first vaccine results came in.

Just now, eFestivals said:

That doesn't necessarily mean that everything will be OK for festivals. For instance, social distancing might still be the thing.

Hancock said less about 'normal' this morning than he's done since the first vaccine results came in.

Based on last nights rebellion, i simply dont think the Party will countenance social distancing past Easter

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Bet you're fun at parties!

Just a realist that can spot a dangled carrot. 

Whitty making it clear this morning that vaccinating the vulnerable won’t be complete until Spring. The idea that things will be back to complete normal by summer is fantasy. NOBODY else will be getting a vaccine before spring. 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Based on last nights rebellion, i simply dont think the Party will countenance social distancing past Easter

Yep, once the rates naturally start to fall as we move into the Spring and Summer months and the NHS will be able to cope, coupled with the fact that there will be numerous working vaccines available, then it’s hard to justify why social distancing will be required any longer. 

1 minute ago, BobWillis said:

Whitty making it clear this morning that vaccinating the vulnerable won’t be complete until Spring. The idea that things will be back to complete normal by summer is fantasy. NOBODY else will be getting a vaccine before spring. 

You do realise that the vulnerable they talk of is everyone 50 and over don't you?

1 minute ago, BobWillis said:

You realise that we don’t need to vaccinate everyone for things to be relaxed? JVT said himself that if the most vulnerable 1/3 of the population had been vaccinated then 99% of those who died would have survived. A targeted vaccination programme aimed at healthcare workers, over 65’s and younger people with specific health conditions should be sufficient to drive down hospitalisations and deaths to the point that life returns to relative normality. The rest of us will be vaccinated in due course. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

What happened to being ready to begin vaccinating people within hours of regulatory approval? Oh wait we don’t actually have any and will only have 800,000 next week and that’s it until after the new year. 

I think it's only the Oxford one that we had ready to inject as soon as the word came in that it was approved.

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

social distancing doesn't effect businesses too much ... in fact, only the sorts of businesses tory fruitcakes don't much care about. ;) 

But I'm desperately hoping you're right. I'm just worried the goalposts won't be in quite the right place for festivals to operate normally.

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Tbf he did just say “back to normal” on BBC news. 

24 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Hancock just agreed to get it live on air next week with piers Morgan IF they can get it approved for them to be vaccinated then, as both of them aren’t in most vulnerable category/care home/ nhs staff all of whom are first in line

Edited by tigger123

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

social distancing doesn't effect businesses too much ... in fact, only the sorts of businesses tory fruitcakes don't much care about. ;) 

But I'm desperately hoping you're right. I'm just worried the goalposts won't be in quite the right place for festivals to operate normally.

given the need to boost tourism next year and the fact social distancing isn't viable for a lot of the hospitality trade, i simply don't see them keeping social distancing once the vaccines are out there and the death rates/hospitalisations start to fall. 

7 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Hancock just agreed to get it live on air next week with piers Morgan IF they can get it approved for them to be vaccinated then, as both of them aren’t in most vulnerable category/care home/ nhs staff all of whom are first in line

Hancock and Piers Morgan? So it’s true, you do get the jab in the arse. 

22 minutes ago, BobWillis said:

So there will be no vaccinations during the spring?? If we can vaccinate 20m people by spring, we can vaccinate another 20m by summer. 

If we do that, everyone that wants the vaccine will get it, hence we will be back to normal. 

The above is conjecture, but not outwith the realms of possibility 

4 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

So there will be no vaccinations during the spring?? If we can vaccinate 20m people by spring, we can vaccinate another 20m by summer. 

If we do that, everyone that wants the vaccine will get it, hence we will be back to normal. 

The above is conjecture, but not outwith the realms of possibility 

30 million get the flu jab between September and December so those numbers are definitely possible!

Let’s just take heed and remember each individual needs 2 doses spaced out over a time interval. Therefore 800,000 doses = 400,000 people.

Its truly very uplifting news that this has been approved, and im very shocked that anything has been approved before Germany or the USA itself have approved anything.

But I think the UKs forward-moving strategy heavily depends on Oxford being approved. Germany have ordered enough alone(Pfizer) for their whole vulnerable population to be vaccinated, whereas it is clear we are dependent on oxford. Pfizer have also made it clear in meetings that their vaccine is never likely to be available outside those who need it in vulnerable groups. The oxford one is much more suitable for mass rollout and we will probably need to wait until at least next month to see if it’s approved.