When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I mean that’s crazy, not even a year into the Parliament of which Boris has an 80 seat majority and 56 of his MPs have rebelled against him. He’s a lame dusck Prime Minister. 

Thats why I think restrictions post a vaccine being deployed isn't going to happen. Tory party are voting like this WITHOUT one in place

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Thats why I think restrictions post a vaccine being deployed isn't going to happen. Tory party are voting like this WITHOUT one in place

A vaccine won’t be fully deployed for weeks if not months, the bulk with vote with the whip as they’ll need restrictions in place at least till the Spring. 

40 minutes ago, Steveb72 said:

Well on Sunday I’m going to be in a crowd of 2000 for the Liverpool v Wolves game, excited but also slightly apprehensive at the same time.

Well social distancing shouldn’t be an issue in a 55,000-capacity stadium!

1 hour ago, Copperface said:

Don't think anyone is saying that, are they?

Perhaps we are arguing semantics here. I also think a lot of people have differing ideas as to what constitutes “broadly normal”.

I think elements that we have put in place during this pandemic will probably stay for years, but that things will be largely “normal” come summertime. 

1 hour ago, Steveb72 said:

Well on Sunday I’m going to be in a crowd of 2000 for the Liverpool v Wolves game, excited but also slightly apprehensive at the same time.

I went to the Amex test event vs Chelsea - honestly, after the first 5-10 mins of feeling “this is a bit weird” it was totally fine, quite nice even. 

I felt far safer at the stadium than I would in a supermarket. You’ll love being back. 

36 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think the tier system is likely to be adapted post February rather then junked altogether. 

If the scientists still say restrictions are necessary in some form they'll come up with some sort of compromise to allow the rebels to vote for it.

10 hours ago, steviewevie said:

ooof, hope she's ok.

10 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I hope she’s going to be ok mate!

10 hours ago, zahidf said:

sorry to hear that. All the best

10 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Hope she’s okay. 

Thanks, she isn't doing too bad. Think I'm starting with it.

At least the app worked

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I mean that’s crazy, not even a year into the Parliament of which Boris has an 80 seat majority and 56 of his MPs have rebelled against him. He’s a lame duck Prime Minister. 

One of the issues that Boris has, is that once an MP has rebelled they tend to get a taste for it - they'll already be out of favour with No.10 and they'll realise that there's no real massive repercussions for them. 

7 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

One of the issues that Boris has, is that once an MP has rebelled they tend to get a taste for it - they'll already be out of favour with No.10 and they'll realise that there's no real massive repercussions for them. 

Exactly. He’s finished now, his authority is gone and won’t be in office this time next year. He was even trying to cajole Tory MPs in the Aye lobby apparently. It’s a year since his landslide win. 

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

As much as I hate the rules I follow them for the most part however if the rules aren’t logical I fail to see how the government think they are going to get buy in from everyone?

Yep. I'm in Dudley tier 3. I can't go to my mom's house but I'm able to play fully competitive football this coming Sunday against 11 strangers.

16 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Not wanting this thread to descend into a pro/anti Corbyn argument for the 1000th time - any reason JC voted against that we know of? 

The Islington North MP tweeted this evening: 'I voted against the Government's proposals tonight.

'I don't believe the measures are what is needed to drive down the levels of the virus.

'The financial support packages being offered are inadequate, inconsistent and unfair to many areas.'

• Upvote 1