When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

25 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Maybe Lewis Hamilton went to Rita Ora's birthday bash?

Bit of a surprise with all the obvious precautions being taken trackside, but hope he's OK.  Pretty sure he'll shrug it off.

It goes to show no matter how secure and environment is nothing can be completely COVID secure. Hopefully he’ll be fine!

I've been told to isolate by track and trace and will do so but I only have to until next Wednesday, is this because I was in contact with that person then and haven't seen them since? I've only been at home and gone to work and haven't seen anyone outside of either setting so hopefully it'll be all okay 

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

I've been told to isolate by track and trace and will do so but I only have to until next Wednesday, is this because I was in contact with that person then and haven't seen them since? I've only been at home and gone to work and haven't seen anyone outside of either setting so hopefully it'll be all okay 

The app is so flawed I know of multiple people who either didn't bother downloading it or deleted it after a period.

9 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Yeh I had the same thing. I saw someone on a Wednesday, they developed symptoms on the Thursday and tested positive on the Saturday, which was when I was notified. So my isolation was effectively several days in progress by the time I was told.

Hope you stay healthy!

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeh I had the same thing. I saw someone on a Wednesday, they developed symptoms on the Thursday and tested positive on the Saturday, which was when I was notified. So my isolation was effectively several days in progress by the time I was told.

Hope you stay healthy!

I thought so, we've had 2 cases from staff in my work so I'd rather isolate and prevent it from getting worse despite us having our bubbles too when the cases were exclusively in one - thank you, I'm feeling fine currently and hope it stays that way! I hope you stay healthy and well too 🙂

• Like 1

I’m trying to convince my mum not to drive up from her very quiet village with 0 cases upto Tier 3 Yorkshire especially as she’s very high risk after being hospitalised with pneumonia before and should really be shielding just for a commercial event that I don’t even enjoy and don’t celebrate. 

Any ideas of how to politely tell her to get a grip and stay home where it’s safe?

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m trying to convince my mum not to drive up from her very quiet village with 0 cases upto Tier 3 Yorkshire especially as she’s very high risk after being hospitalised with pneumonia before and should really be shielding just for a commercial event that I don’t even enjoy and don’t celebrate. 

Any ideas of how to politely tell her to get a grip and stay home where it’s safe?

That’s a really tough one mate, maybe just be blunt but polite and say no you won’t see her? Sort of tough love thing. 

12 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Maybe try to get her to "zoom out" a little, and see that in the grand scheme of things it's just "one weird Christmas" and next year's can be all the bigger and better for it?

Edited by Mellotr0n

30 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Sorry to hear that: tell her she isnt welcome this xmas. Just have to be firm as horribel as it is. Promise her you will see her once she has the vaccine

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Man, high street going to have lots of closed shops in the new year,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-55142724

12,000 jobs

The damage is really starting to show now. All this talk that businesses will be asking for vaccination proof...they won't be able to afford to, nor will need to. As soon as the vulnerable are vaccinated we just need to get everything open

33 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Solidarity is the key I think. She can't think she's missing out sat on her own if it means so much to her - I'd pretend I was cancelling Christmas day fully 

Got to say I wish I could do that myself! 

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Maybe Lewis Hamilton went to Rita Ora's birthday bash?

Bit of a surprise with all the obvious precautions being taken trackside, but hope he's OK.  Pretty sure he'll shrug it off.

Can’t have been, he was in Bahrain at the GP. Also is there any evidence of actual cases coming out from Rita’s thing? 

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

Have to agree, my wife has taken every precaution and has tested positive today. 

Hope she’s okay. 

33 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It sounds daft but actually by just having the conversation you will quite likely change her mind ... I was concerned about my folks doing similar and visiting my brother and family in Bristol for the day ... the jab is so close for that age group so just asking her to hold off ... and it may  just be the case of delaying xmas by a month ... my mum rang at the weekend and confirmed they would be going nowhere 

38 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I reckon just be honest, say you don't want to risk her life when things should be so much better in the spring.

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Can’t have been, he was in Bahrain at the GP. Also is there any evidence of actual cases coming out from Rita’s thing?  

I know....it was just a comment on the whole 'celebs being celebs' thing rather than actually suggesting he was really there.  No evidence I've seen of any cases from Rita's bash....not that it exonerates her of course.

4 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I know....it was just a comment on the whole 'celebs being celebs' thing rather than actually suggesting he was really there.  No evidence I've seen of any cases from Rita's bash....not that it exonerates her of course.

For all intents and purposes Lewis Hamilton has secluded himself through the season in his own motor home. He seems to have taken it very seriously but as I said no actions will give you 100% chance of not picking the virus up.