When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

46 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Did you read about how they want ‘sensible’, well-loved celebs to encourage people to get the vaccine?

Talk of Rashford but surely it needs to be an older person? Trying to think who’d be a good choice - someone in their 70s that everyone knows... McCartney? (It’s going to be Captain Tom, isn’t it?)

I wonder if we’ll get video footage of the first person to get jabbed? A few have suggested that the politicians should get it on the way into PMQs...

David Attenborough

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Pretty graphs. 

My initial thought when looking at this was who the fucks the MP for Stratford-On-Avon shagged that's pissed off Boris/Gove so much they've put them in tier 3?... quick google later and it turns out the MP is Nadhim Zahawi, the newly appointed minister for vaccine deployment.  Can't work out if it's strategy or coincidence but I'd be be fucked off if I lived in Stratford either way.

7 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Pretty graphs. 

To be fair to the government that chart isn't definitive. It says it combines all the factors the government are using but you can weight those factors however you like to produce different graphs. How many available beds is equivalent to a 1% rise in test positivity? The answer to that changes the graph

9 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

Can't believe how much of a nob end he's turned out to be. 

This has happened a lot - both personal friends and celebrities.  Turns out I was friends with quite a few nob ends and it took a pandemic to reveal it! Saw one on Saturday in a shop with no mask, saying he doesn’t believe it, it’s all a scam. 

Dick. 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

This has happened a lot - both personal friends and celebrities.  Turns out I was friends with quite a few nob ends and it took a pandemic to reveal it! Saw one on Saturday in a shop with no mask, saying he doesn’t believe it, it’s all a scam. 

Dick. 

My brother in law says something similar. He was talking about the lack of deaths related to flu so far this winter the other day. He listens to Talk Radio as well. 

24 minutes ago, stuie said:

Dick. 

Been really surprised by the amount of people I'm friends with on Facebok who think it's all fake or spend the whole time moaning about any restrictions, and even more so with the amount who say they won't have a vaccine

24 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

My brother in law says something similar. He was talking about the lack of deaths related to flu so far this winter the other day. He listens to Talk Radio as well. 

We implement society-wide, economy crushing restrictions in order to reduce the spread of respiratory diseases and he's surprised that flu numbers are down?  Yeah, something clearly fishy going on there.  🙄

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We implement society-wide, economy crushing restrictions in order to reduce the spread of respiratory diseases and he's surprised that flu numbers are down?  Yeah, something clearly fishy going on there.  🙄

Tell me about it. He was talking about the 4,000 deaths a day Valance was talking about, failing to realise that was without any extra restrictions at the time. 

4 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

What do we actually think the chances are that we will go into another national lockdown in January? I'm thinking end of January/early February is most likely if needs be.

Think it all depends on the vaccine rollout and how successful that has been in the next couple of months. 

Edited by st dan
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

What do we actually think the chances are that we will go into another national lockdown in January? I'm thinking end of January/early February is most likely if needs be.

I personally don’t see it. The new tier regs having an end date of start of Feb is telling. The Tories are on the verge of a revolt already - getting them onboard for even harsher regulations in the new year will be a borderline impossible task. I think we’ll have the tiers until early Feb, maybe they get extended for another month, then we move to a new phase where the regs start and ease off. That being said, if the situation in hospitals is so dire it gives Boris a stronger argument for another lockdown, but in being optimistic we won’t reach that point even with the crazy Christmas stuff.

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

I personally don’t see it. The new tier regs having an end date of start of Feb is telling. The Tories are on the verge of a revolt already - getting them onboard for even harsher regulations in the new year will be a borderline impossible task. I think we’ll have the tiers until early Feb, maybe they get extended for another month, then we move to a new phase where the regs start and ease off. That being said, if the situation in hospitals is so dire it gives Boris a stronger argument for another lockdown, but in being optimistic we won’t reach that point even with the crazy Christmas stuff.

Yeah any further national lockdown will be done by the back door IMO. If numbers worsen and we all end up in tier 3 then that’s just lockdown in all but name. 

28 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

I’d say something more stringent then Tier 3 will have to be applied at some point- though I doubt it’ll be at a National level-  I doubt it can be justified from an optics perspective. This lockdowns come in too late to make a proper impact and it’s gonna be carnage after Christmas. We probably should be going into one early January, but that’s another matter.