When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I used to go every Sunday ... not been to one since feb  ....Its going to be hard though when things return to normal as my friends like it for its cheapness ... and theres not so much left in terms of reasonably busy pubs ( I like to look about :) ) in my town now as many have closed over the years ... and probably many more will as a result of Covid 

The new version of the Winch does food and drink deals similar to The Coalie and The Perkin but slightly more classy I believe. Not quite as cheap but close. Obviously a certain level of cheapness has its own warnings. 

Not been there myself but have heard that it is a good alternative to lining Tim Martin's pocket.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Thats very understandable mate, I'm picking art the government's line through this not what people are thinking.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Don't we all.

The virus wants us to too.

Go home to my family or spend Christmas alone in a flat in central London.

I think you know what choice me and many others are going to make.

In my mind there’s literally no avoiding what’s about to happen. The government should be allowing people to test themselves before travelling and footing the cost.

I’m going to self isolate (as if I’m technically not already) in the lead up and try and go down minimising my exposure.

I have hated how our gov have handled this whole thing. From the start they should have invested more into testing and allowing people access to rapid tests. Bet it costs less than a year of furlough 

Edited by Matt42

10 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

For sure! Also on a positive note, it's worth remembering that we've already baked in a couple of weeks of (hopefully) falls after the end of lockdown. Much like it takes a few weeks to see numbers fall after you lock down, we shouldn't see them rise for at least a couple of weeks. Average cases have fallen by roughly 40% in the last two weeks, so hopefully they should be down at around 9k per day two weeks from now, and then they'll probably stabilise around that level (My working assumption is that having most of the country in tier 2 will achieve R=1 equilibrium roughly where cases stay around the same). The period after Christmas will be tricky but hopefully after that we start to bake in the impact of vaccines, and hospitalisations and deaths fall towards the second half of the winter :)

I strongly believe you guys will be back on the farm in June.

I wanna be back on the farm more than anything. Need a ticket first tho. Missed 2017 and that was heart breaking

5 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

I wanna be back on the farm more than anything. Need a ticket first tho. Missed 2017 and that was heart breaking

I don't have a ticket, and my kid's GCSEs will probably be going on then...so I won't be there. Haven't been for years actually.

Edited by steviewevie

39 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Seems that people are in favour of restrictions to stop the spread of the virus, except when the restrictions affect them.

Some people maybe, but there are still loads of people who favour restrictions that directly affect themselves. Like most of the people on this thread that like live music and pubs and cinema and shopping and big Christmas get togethers.

Of course there's an underlying truth to what you're saying, but this situation in 2020 is probably when it applies the least. We're all affected by these restrictions.