When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Mellotr0n said:

I don't think I "prefer" either, and I'd say the vast majority of people I know down in Sussex are the same. I'm always a little bit baffled when people care that much. It's completely random which patch of land each of us was born on.

Was at a Royal Blood gig in Sheffield a few years back, and inbetween every. single. song. half the crowd was aggressively chanting YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE. I just don't get it.

No problem with people being happy with where there from obviously, but don't expect anyone else to give a fuck.

Sorry if this came across overly aggressive, it's not intended to be. It's just a phenomena that's always baffled me.

I don’t get the flag thing either, then again I’m not very patriotic these days. 

8 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

I don't think I "prefer" either, and I'd say the vast majority of people I know down in Sussex are the same. I'm always a little bit baffled when people care that much. It's completely random which patch of land each of us was born on.

Was at a Royal Blood gig in Sheffield a few years back, and inbetween every. single. song. half the crowd was aggressively chanting YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE. I just don't get it.

No problem with people being happy with where there from obviously, but don't expect anyone else to give a fuck.

Sorry if this came across overly aggressive, it's not intended to be. It's just a phenomena that's always baffled me.

This is my question. Is it just us crazy Yorkies that have the obsession about it

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

They can put pictures of a Swastika, Cliff Richard, Trump and a dildo on it as far as I care, as long as it helps get us back to the farm!   

26 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Maybe the Union Jack needs some Brexit unicorns

Unicorns are Scottish and because of our own brand of flag waving nonsense, particularly coupled with the Brexity flag waving nonsense down south we look to be fucking off soon so you can cannae have unicorns. 

45 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

why ridiculous?

how its been phrased is that you have to leave the second the food is done ( which i assume is wrong). So if you've finished the food, you have to leave without finishing any drinks you're halfway through!

I assume you cant order any drinks after you've eaten but can finish your existing drinks

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

how its been phrased is that you have to leave the second the food is done ( which i assume is wrong). So if you've finished the food, you have to leave without finishing any drinks you're halfway through!

I assume you cant order any drinks after you've eaten but can finish your existing drinks

Honestly, right now i'd take having to leave as soon as you'd finished eating if i could actually go out to eat :( 

49 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

This is my question. Is it just us crazy Yorkies that have the obsession about it

I think so. I find the whole Yorkshire obsession with banging on about their county bizarre. Can't say being from Hertfordshire or living in Cambridgeshire means anything to me at all! It's just never mentioned in any way around here.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Ridiculous

Drinkers visiting pubs in England’s Tier 2 regions will have to leave the premises once they have finished their food.

Under the new post-lockdown guidance, pubs in Tier 2 areas can only stay open if they can function as a restaurant and alcohol can only be served with a substantial meal.

The Prime Minister’s official spokesman, asked how long drinkers can stay in the pub after purchasing a substantial meal, said: “We’ve been clear that, in Tier 2 I believe, that you need to have a substantial meal if ordering any alcohol and it remains the case that the guidance says that once the meal is finished, it is at that point.”

That's how the "substantial meal" rule has always worked, since Tier 3 MkI was introduced.

33 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The terrifying thing about how this pandemic has been handled by governments of the West is the mentality of "it won't happen" (or "it won't happen to us" at least). They didn't even learn from the first wave what to expect with the second wave. 

And it hit me this morning that this is how they see the subject of climate change too. Not maliciously, not "we know it's happening but don't care". But full on head in the sand denial and/or exceptionalism. 

Though I do think some of this anti refugee and Brexit thing might have some root in them accepting it will happen to other people and getting us conditioned to not accepting them. But beyond that I don't think they believe it'll affect us, and therefore aren't as bothered about the extreme measures needed to actually reduce it's effects. 

Of course the solutions to that are very similar to the solutions to stop the spread of the virus so it probably doesn't matter what governments do, people won't accept what is necessary anyway. 

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

*Waves hand* 

I’m welsh. Our flag is bad ass. It has a fucking dragon on it for Christ sake! How could you not be on board with that? Maybe the Union Jack needs some Brexit unicorns or something...

My car is Welsh and has a dragon on it.

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

While we’re on the flag discussion, how many of you have strong ties your county flag? As a Yorkshireman I know we make a huge deal about being proud of our regional heritage. I know the Cornish have a similar view too. 

Are we the only crazy ones who prefer our regional identity over our national one? 

My partner is a Yorkshire lass and she bloody loves that white rose. So much so, she is getting a tattoo of it.