When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

56 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

8 areas are well above the England average, whereas all councils in the Liverpool city region are well below 200.

I know Liverpool are lower, I was just advising you that you stating all of Manchester is above 350 isn't quite accurate, that's all :)

love the Liverpool press, straight up asking if the government are going to play favorites with the funding. "Now that you love daddy Joe Anderson, will you be his sugar daddy boris?" also failed to address the poor people not self isolating due to not having enough money before leaving. 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Sorry to be a square but these rules are in place for reason. If everyone think like this then we’ll be back at square one again. 

Yeah.... most people in the pubs and restaraunts are mixing households. You think dating has stopped for the last few months?

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yeah.... most people in the pubs and restaraunts are mixing households. You think dating has stopped for the last few months?

Maybe that’s part of the reasons cases started to rise in those areas as some were ignoring the social distance rules. I know it’s not a fun view point but if people will mix households in high cases areas then restrictions will get tighter as cases will rise. 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

It is ridiculous. There aren’t many legit reasons to be going into an office for work, businesses just don’t like staff having freedom. 

Agreed. I’m glad my employer has embraced WFH. I’ll gladly WFH > 50% of the time for good I reckon. 

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

No. You can't travel to a T3 from a T2.

That’s only guidance, right? Not that there’s any reason to other than to illegally visit a mate.

19 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Maybe that’s part of the reasons cases started to rise in those areas as some were ignoring the social distance rules. I know it’s not a fun view point but if people will mix households in high cases areas then restrictions will get tighter as cases will rise. 

tenor-5.gif

29 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Oxford trial peer-reviewed data to be published in the Lancet at the weekend according to the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/26/scrutiny-grows-over-oxford-universityastrazeneca-vaccine

Wonder how long till they submit to MHRA for approval. I guess we will see what timescales we are looking at for Oxford when/if they grant Pfizer approval. If I remember it took Pfizer until the following Friday to submit for approval so judging by those rough timelines Oxford would submit back end of next week

Anyone else think the scientists were a lot stronger with their responses than they have been for a while? Maybe a shift in dynamic, or more freedom with the recent change in personnel or just my imagination? Whitey in particular was sassy... “what am i doing on Christmas? I’ll be on the wards fuck face”.*

* quote may or may not be embellished to prove my point

1 minute ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Anyone else think the scientists were a lot stronger with their responses than they have been for a while? Maybe a shift in dynamic, or more freedom with the recent change in personnel or just my imagination? Whitey in particular was sassy... “what am i doing on Christmas? I’ll be on the wards fuck face”.*

Rolled out the heavy weights to support Boris today too ... 

Sorry another question for @Toilet Duck

Given the Oxford vaccine also targets the same spike protein that the more successful Pfizer/Moderna vaccines, do we think that the problem with their results will be ironed out eventually given they’re essentially working in the same way, or is this far too basic a way to look at it?

I guess I’m just concerned that the issues with the Oxford vaccine results is going to cause more delay with the vaccine we have the most orders for, which given the rising cases, deaths and economic impact is something we clearly want to avoid! 

39 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This ^^.  Just follow the guidance as much as you can people.  Please.

43 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

I thought that was a great line from Whitty. I think they did a good job at getting the right tone today personally, Boris aside. I liked that Whitty also said most of the public are following the rules despite what others might think. Whether true or not it enforces the right message.

54 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So indoor sport in tier 2 ...? What’s the thoughts ... outdoor is allowed but I can’t see anything about indoor team sports ... badminton specifically ... and gyms are open in all tiers ... it’s in a gym sports hall 

If no contact (which I assume badmjnton is) then allowed I think. You have to be able to maintain distance but classes are allowed in tier 2 with reduced capacity so would assume it's okay. Presumably you have to book? The centre should have an idea of whether it's allowed I would think.

35 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Sure.  But if folks have any shred of conscience they'll follow the guidance.

Unfortunately, the home addresses of a significant minority of my guests just before lockdown started says they don't (although in fairness, a lot of prior did cancel once they moved into tier 3) 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

If no contact (which I assume badmjnton is) then allowed I think. You have to be able to maintain distance but classes are allowed in tier 2 with reduced capacity so would assume it's okay. Presumably you have to book? The centre should have an idea of whether it's allowed I would think.

yep we will ask the question .... one of my group just said its not allowed from mixed bubbles ... we will see :)