When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

I'd argue it's a safer environment than a gym where you're heavy breathing / leaving sweat everywhere and they can open in every tier but there we go.

Roll on Spring eh.

I agree. I’d also say me sitting in a pub with 1 friend is safer than having 1,000 people inside for an event like it is for tier 2 but those are the rules sadly. 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm going to say it - I back Manchesters tier 3 status.  Our numbers are dropping fast, but they're still very high

I didn't expect any less and I have to agree with you that a few more weeks will do wonders for our numbers.

However, my main bone of contention is the attacks from the Gov and people on social media that case rises are all Andy Burnham's fault for trying to ensure sufficient funding (which was no, no, no until London asked for it and then the money flowed again)... this just showed political spite by the Gov because Andy was speaking sense and made them look bad, yet people are not blaming Gov for acting like arses they are blaming Andy for speaking up :huh:

29 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sorry to be a square but these rules are in place for reason. If everyone think like this then we’ll be back at square one again. 

Of course... and that's why they shouldn't be relaxing everything for Christmas. If one person chooses to mix with a couple of mates for a gig rather than do anything over the festive period with family due to vulnerability etc. then where's the difference IF it's a one-off? It's easy to see why people will choose to ignore them to suit their needs... he said, having sadly given away tickets to a couple of things today because of new rules.

Plans in place for vaccine roll-out in NI next month if approval is granted.

The plans include fixed mass centres for vaccinations and deployment of mobile units to care homes.

The Health Minister said it will last many months and it will take us to the middle of next year at least.

Health and Social Care Workers + care home residents are expected to be top of the list.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Got a reply from HR about working from home...this bit is total bullshit...

As you most likely heard, **** is a part of essential critical infrastructure, and its employees and contractors perform duties needed to ensure the continuity of functions critical to public health and safety, as well as economic and national security.   We believe that our ability to deliver critical infrastructure services is not the same when work is performed 100% remotely as when it is done on-site

Bulls*it.  If you have all the tooling and connectivity you need to support your environments and deliver services remotely then there's no reason, other than their need to justify the heating bill, for you to be on-site.  My team and I have been working fully remotely since March with only 2 office visits and due to the lack of distraction, interruption and more focus as a result we are significantly ahead of target on the current project.

'We believe...' is what they say.  Sounds to me like they actually have nothing to back up this draconian edict.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Bulls*it.  If you have all the tooling and connectivity you need to support your environments and deliver services remotely then there's no reason, other than their need to justify the heating bill, for you to be on-site.  My team and I have been working fully remotely since March with only 2 office visits and due to the lack of distraction, interruption and more focus as a result we are significantly ahead of target on the current project.

'We believe...' is what they say.  Sounds to me like they actually have nothing to back up this draconian edict.

It is ridiculous. There aren’t many legit reasons to be going into an office for work, businesses just don’t like staff having freedom. 

Jesus H fuck, this Boris rhetoric doesn't inspire any confidence. First of all stating that countries like France and Germany have stricter measures whilst have around he same daily cases as us, is just showing we are taking the virus less seriously. - Then saying stuff like we've stopped our NHS being overwhelmed when admissions and deaths are sill so high. 

We really shouldn't e coming out of lockdown yet, a couple more weeks would have been perfect. 

36 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

This one has changed since yesterday on the Travelling section. They've removed the advice to avoid travelling outside your area.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/938047/COVID-19_Tier_Posters_2020_FInal_High.pdf

So can people in tier 2 holiday within the UK? 

22 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

yeah, it really is bullshit. I'll go in though...head in late morning, show my face, maybe go for a run, have some lunch, then go home.

7 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

So can people in tier 2 holiday within the UK? 

If by 'holiday' you mean travel from a T2 to a T2, stay in a hotel or similar accommodation and not mix with anyone indoors, then yes, I think you can.  You can also do it travelling between a T2 and a T1, but you have to abide by your T2 rules and continue to not mix indoors, while the locals can.