When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

16 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

It's great to see the good job they've done with Liverpool. From one of the hardest hit areas about a month ago down to Tier 2 now.

Yep, it has been a success there is no denying that. And Liverpool was always going to be placed in Tier 2 to show the success the mass testing scheme has been. It’s a (quite deserved) pat on the back to themselves I feel. 

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

Bit pissed off tbh that we here in the green and lush scenic beauty that is Cumbria have been lumped in with the disease ridden, post industrial hellscapes to the south, such as Liverpool city region, Warrington and Cheshire.

Alas.

We've got higher case numbers unfortunately. 

Are you guys reopening? 

2 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

I agree - and all those key workers in the private sector deserve a pay rise too.

Yeah I guess what I was trying to say is I would rather see:

1) Higher increase in minimum wage for key workers like delivery drivers and supermarket workers

2) Public sector selective pay freeze for departments where workloads have fallen or have seen staff effectively furloughed the past year

I appreciate it's not a straightforwards as "just front line workers", but equally I know someone working for a large public sector body where the entire staff were basically told "we appreciate it's hard with childcare and such, and there's no actual furlough for public sector, but take off as much time as you need and if you have too much work speak to your manager about getting it changed". Which in isolation is a wonderfully pragmatic response to the horrible situation of the past 9 months, but I don't think that friend will be arguing they should have a pay rise this year.

Funnily Andy Burnham trending on twitter but what gets me is the amount of folk blaming Andy for the Gov being spiteful!! Yes he used his platform and everything is was asking was totally reasonable as the North West was getting shafted, yet a week later London ask the same thing and it's given immediately

So not understanding why people aren't blaming the Government for being an spiteful arseholes - that's where folk should be directing their hate not the man who was trying to make things better

and then don't get me going on North West being the only region with R number below 1 yet we are heavily penalised!! I can only hope our numbers will continue to fall at the same rate and we can get out of tier 3 on 16th Dec but I'm sure the Gov will make it as hard as possible to do that, it's pathetic!!

29 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

2) Public sector selective pay freeze for departments where workloads have fallen or have seen staff effectively furloughed the past year

Problem with that is you get people in different departments on the same pay band. Someone working for an LA in a library might have had a decrease in workload over lockdown (if they weren't roped in to help out somewhere else), but they might be on the same pay band as someone in their social care department who's been working flat out. Either that pay band gets a rise, or it doesn't.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Reported for distressing content.

Seriously though, it's like a punch in the stomach seeing all those Tory votes.

They just need a Brexit every 4 years now...

19 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Funnily Andy Burnham trending on twitter but what gets me is the amount of folk blaming Andy for the Gov being spiteful!! Yes he used his platform and everything is was asking was totally reasonable as the North West was getting shafted, yet a week later London ask the same thing and it's given immediately

So not understanding why people aren't blaming the Government for being an spiteful arseholes - that's where folk should be directing their hate not the man who was trying to make things better

and then don't get me going on North West being the only region with R number below 1 yet we are heavily penalised!! I can only hope our numbers will continue to fall at the same rate and we can get out of tier 3 on 16th Dec but I'm sure the Gov will make it as hard as possible to do that, it's pathetic!!

I dont think its unfair to be in tier 3  - numbers might be dropping but they're still too high. Throwing things open when rates are too high are the reason things got so bad. Like you say 2 weeks tier 2 if it carries on dropping. 

Liverpool are in the 100s-200s so it makes sense for them

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I wonder how this will affect concerts in London. I've got two booked for the Jazz Cafe. Part of the seating area is in the restaurant so that should be fine, but the other part is just "drinks only" seats. 

I think you can still go to socially distanced events in tier 2 so would imagine this is allowed. Not with people outside your household though.

Suggested an outdoors meet-up with my family who are also in tier 2 and turns out they aren't arsed about seeing me enough to be in the cold! Ha.