When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Possibly but it was said enough who it was for, it was mentioned every week by  plenty. It’s easy to carry out a gesture and dare I say stylish to put that on social media. It’s not as stylish to comment on a Chancellors Spending Review.

I’m not having a go at you mate, the whole things makes me so angry. 

No offence taken.  I'm as angry as you are tbh.  

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yes I considered retail workers and delivery drivers to be part of that too. 

That wasn’t really my point. My point was that people were happy to clap and put that on social media. But where are those people now? They are showing no support when arguably those key workers need them more. It’s easier to do a gesture like clapping then to act now it seems, or it’s less glamorous.

It’s easy to talk about how much you appreciate someone but more difficult to do something to prove it.

(Not saying you are doing this btw!)

47 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

for example at the local authority I worked at library staff that weren't directly involved in the running of the library services which could continue were redeployed to the Covid contact centre to answer calls (24/7) from people requiring support due to Covid.

and for example, in other local authorities during lockdown v1 the libraries were closed and staff weren't redeployed (but are working in lockdown v2), and in other local authorities during lockdown v1 & v2 the libraries were closed and staff weren't redeployed.

(just pointing out that not all local authorities have done things in the same way ... but this is mostly a fuck up with how the govt have done test and trace ;) ).

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That wasn’t really my point. My point was that people were happy to clap and put that on social media. But where are those people now? They are showing no support when arguably those key workers need them more. It’s easier to do a gesture like clapping then to act now it seems, or it’s less glamorous.

It’s easy to talk about how much you appreciate someone but more difficult to do something to prove it.

(Not saying you are doing this btw!)

The clapping thing always felt pretty hollow to be honest. It's quite an easy empty gesture to make isn't it? I did it, but I'm quite glad it didn't come back as it annoyed me watching my neighbours banging their pans with gusto while constantly having people round in peak lockdown.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The clapping thing always felt pretty hollow to be honest. It's quite an easy empty gesture to make isn't it? I did it, but I'm quite glad it didn't come back as it annoyed me watching my neighbours banging their pans with gusto while constantly having people round in peak lockdown.

Exactly, it’s a hollow gesture if it’s not backed up when those same people need public support again. 

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and for example, in other local authorities during lockdown v1 the libraries were closed and staff weren't redeployed (but are working in lockdown v2), and in other local authorities during lockdown v1 & v2 the libraries were closed and staff weren't redeployed.

(just pointing out that not all local authorities have done things in the same way ... but this is mostly a fuck up with how the govt have done test and trace ;) ).

Granted it's not all the same - but then again not all the private sector has suffered equally and there have been plenty of folk sat on their arse in all sectors not putting in the same shift while at home. 

In the examples above that due to poor management there is always other stuff they could be doing. 

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Me and Miss Afro were out at Tesco one Thursday night and we had a neighbour knock on our door on the Sunday to ask why we weren’t out clapping. All very weird. 

19 minutes ago, jparx said:

Sunak’s true colours have fully come out now. He did a nice job conning the public for a while but his image has slowly unravelled.

Should be pretty obvious he's a puppet to anyone, being that he only got the job for doing the crap that even Javid refused to.