When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Thankyou.  Do you think take-up for an Oxford rollout could be impacted by the perceived inferiority to the others, and if so how could confidence be bolstered?  I'm guessing that such perceptions could be managed by focusing the 'better' vaccines on higher risk groups, and reminding Oxford recipients that constant re-engineering will refine the efficacy further for future inoculations, if that's how these things work.

To be honest, if people are getting it for free, they’ll be unlikely to have a choice of vaccines (you don’t get a choice of flu shots unless you are a kid and they give you a different one, but there’s a few manufacturers of the adult one and you just get whatever one your GP or pharmacist has in stock). As more data accrues (remember, what we are talking about at the moment is emergency use), then different vaccines for different cohorts will become more likely. There’ll be further development too, nasal delivery will most certainly be looked at. 

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

that may have been it ....  but it would be as a result of the standard wards being used or converted to covid ? 

Yes, I guess so.  It's not great news, but it will only be a temporary use to get over the recent rises in SW, which do now appear to be receding.

18 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

To be honest, if people are getting it for free, they’ll be unlikely to have a choice of vaccines (you don’t get a choice of flu shots unless you are a kid and they give you a different one, but there’s a few manufacturers of the adult one and you just get whatever one your GP or pharmacist has in stock). As more data accrues (remember, what we are talking about at the moment is emergency use), then different vaccines for different cohorts will become more likely. There’ll be further development too, nasal delivery will most certainly be looked at. 

I assumed that was case when my gp gives me the shout I don't expect they would be saying do u want a b or c I just thought they would say do u want covid vaccine 

42 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

that may have been it ....  but it would be as a result of the standard wards being used or converted to covid ? 

Existing wards have been given over to it, think 5 or maybe 6, can't remember what my friend said now. 

So today my manager advised that from 2nd I still going to be on furlough with a review in a few weeks, but she doesn't think it's likely I'll be back working until least the new year... :( 

also, didn't get a 2nd interview for a great job I applied for, car battery dies and bank sent me a message that I'm overdrawn!! Today has been the pits tbh <_<

24 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

So today my manager advised that from 2nd I still going to be on furlough with a review in a few weeks, but she doesn't think it's likely I'll be back working until least the new year... :( 

also, didn't get a 2nd interview for a great job I applied for, car battery dies and bank sent me a message that I'm overdrawn!! Today has been the pits tbh <_<

Sorry to hear that, sounds like the perfect evening for a bottle of wine. I hope you are going to be ok.

56 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sorry to hear that, sounds like the perfect evening for a bottle of wine. I hope you are going to be ok.

I'll be fine (I know people are going through worse than me) and yes the wine has been cracked open!! It's just been one of those days when a lot of bad news comes at once :( 

11 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I'll be fine (I know people are going through worse than me) and yes the wine has been cracked open!! It's just been one of those days when a lot of bad news comes at once :( 

Everyone’s problems are relative to them so don’t worry about anyone else’s situation, it’s ok to be having a bad day or few days! Take the time and try to rest this evening. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Another depressing article about the Oxford vaccine not getting authorisation 

Be interested as always in what @Toilet Duck thinks! Is there an anti UK thing going on from the US? Or has Oxford messed up the reporting?

A lot of the people commenting on that are the same as the other article. Also if you notice they are market analyst talking from investment firms.