When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Sunak didn't even mention brexit in his statement today...almost as if it is of no significance to the economy.  Weird.

Not weird at all. They will claim any economic disaster to be purely down to the pandemic & nothing to do with Brexit at all. Very convenient!

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

But...can't blame covid for delays at ports, shortages of certain foods and medicines, manufacturing plants closing etc.

I reckon they can- just a couple of daily mail headlines about drivers coming down with covid after not being careful at christmas and then it's the public's fault. 

The rest of us will see through it but we're not their target audience

22 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Just got off our weekly team meeting and my boss said as lockdown is ending we can be back in the office from next Thursday. I mentioned that work from home guidance hasn't actually changed and he kind of said nothing and then the meeting ended.

Sounds like a right dick 'ed.

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Just got off our weekly team meeting and my boss said as lockdown is ending we can be back in the office from next Thursday. I mentioned that work from home guidance hasn't actually changed and he kind of said nothing and then the meeting ended.

do a Boris tell them you had a bad connection and didnt hear the response and thought it best that you stick to the guidance 

14 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’m sure I read in the past that foreign aid is actually good for the economy because a lot of the deals contain clauses which oblige local infrastructure projects to award contracts to British companies etc. Doesn’t make much sense to cut it imo. 

By implementing the new immigration system and removing foreign aid they've pretty much locked in enough votes for the next election to win it. This lot have a lot of form in doing things that don't benefit the country really but do benefit them politically and likely financially. 

I'm sure we all can guess where the money for this "defence investment" is actually going to end up 😕 

Another item for the Good News section:

- the multitude of SARS-CoV-2 mutations since January have not increased transmissibility, in contrast to the mink situation, where a particular mutation seems to have significantly increased transmissibility between mink (but not between humans); and
- the systems in place for genome reading and analysis will likely give us sufficient time to adapt vaccines if the virus mutates to confound the oncoming vaccines

https://scitechdaily.com/good-covid-news-none-of-the-sars-cov-2-genetic-mutations-appear-to-increase-transmissibility/

1 hour ago, Punksnotdead said:

Yeah thanks a lot Sunak, you c**t!

Now it's up to the unions to get those industrial action ballots in the post pronto - STRIKE!!!!!!

Hmm, I might have to look into joining a union.

44 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Translation: at last we have a conservative chancellor that understands conservative voters are xenophobic/racist bellends.

1 hour ago, Punksnotdead said:

The Tory bastards have always hated public sector workers. It must have really hurt them to pretend to love us & clap every Thursday. Now we see their true colours.

Exactly - the public sector haven't just worked hard during Covid they have worked hard every single day providing services to the citizens of this country. 

I must have missed all the payrises I got while still working in the public sector because austerity put pay to it for years... The attitude towards (and within public sector management) is you should be greatful you have a job. 

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Is there real cause for concern with the AZ vaccine?

https://www.wired.com/story/the-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-data-isnt-up-to-snuff/

interesting article, though i think it does fail to mention that a reason for a lower effacy rate could be OXford testing all participants weekly, whilst the others didn't. 

I suspect its good enough effacy to get approved by the MHRA.