When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

The current lokcdown may have only been 3 weeks so far for you, but for us up North its been pretty much the same from March up to now :lol: we had the big lockdown then straight into tier 3 and now this haha!! (i only say this cos I'm jealous if you had a little break from it all :) )

I have a grandma on my dad's side whos in her 80's and she's well scared so has been following all the rules (shes very asthmatic as well as lots of other health issues) but my grom & grandad on my mum's side, both in their 60's have had enough and - in the words of my grandad - are "still going about their business" 🙄 

Some people listen, some people dont I guess :D 

Ha - glad to hear at least some of you lot are behaving yourselves up there!

6 minutes ago, mikegday said:

The Christmas rules make it clear that nowhere will be in Tier 1 come Christmas. Otherwise in T1 going out for Christmas dinner to a restaurant with another household would be ok - whereas it’s not ok under the Christmas rules.

Technically it doesn’t actually say. It says you can’t meet those in your Christmas bubble out in a pub, and you can’t meet those in out of the bubble in a ‘private dwelling’. Now you could take that to mean you can meet people outside of your bubble in a pub/restaurant if you tier allows. 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Technically it doesn’t actually say. It says you can’t meet those in your Christmas bubble out in a pub, and you can’t meet those in out of the bubble in a ‘private dwelling’. Now you could take that to mean you can meet people outside of your bubble in a pub/restaurant if you tier allows. 

That’s how I read it... You can’t go ‘out’ for a meal with your Christmas bubble but you can meet up with others (socially distanced) in a hospitality setting?

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Technically ye, but for comms and compliance that would be a disaster. On same day you can meet household A and B in your house but not a restaurant, then you go and meet household C in a restaurant but not your house.

Because of how much of a mess that is even for this shambles of a Gov - surely these rules are based on them knowing no where will be in T1 come Christmas?

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

So basically each bubble must contain people from a maximum of three households, but you don’t necessarily need to stay in the same bubble as your entire household? 

Seems so. I think the guidance has specifically been put in place for flatshares, but I guess it would apply to other situations too? 

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Boomers.

There’s certainly a significant portion of oldies that take the view that they’re likely to be dead in the fairly near future of whatever cause (covid or otherwise) so they may as well live life to the fullest within that time. It’s difficult to allow that at the national level because of pressures on the NHS, pressures on others who are trying to avoid infection etc. But I can understand why an individual older person may take that view. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

There’s certainly a significant portion of oldies that take the view that they’re likely to be dead in the fairly near future of whatever cause (covid or otherwise) so they may as well live life to the fullest within that time. It’s difficult to allow that at the national level because of pressures on the NHS, pressures on others who are trying to avoid infection etc. But I can understand why an individual older person may take that view. 

is there actual evidence that older people are less worried about carching the virus...or is this just all anecdotal?

13 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

That’s how I read it... You can’t go ‘out’ for a meal with your Christmas bubble but you can meet up with others (socially distanced) in a hospitality setting?

That’s how I read it too.

12 minutes ago, mikegday said:

Technically ye, but for comms and compliance that would be a disaster. On same day you can meet household A and B in your house but not a restaurant, then you go and meet household C in a restaurant but not your house.

Because of how much of a mess that is even for this shambles of a Gov - surely these rules are based on them knowing no where will be in T1 come Christmas?

You could be right with no one being in tier 1. If we go by what’s written as gospel in the rules then in tier 1 you can meet up in a pub for example with a friend not in your bubble. It does muddy the waters you are right, but then again the whole Christmas bubble thing does too in a way. 

33 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Isn't it that you have to follow the rules for pubs and restaurants in the tier you are in? So, if you're in Tier 1, you could meet five people in a pub or restaurant. What it is saying is that the Christmas bubbles don't override this rule - you could have eight people in a bubble, but that doesn't mean you can all go to the pub together. 

3 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Isn't it that you have to follow the rules for pubs and restaurants in the tier you are in? So, if you're in Tier 1, you could meet five people in a pub or restaurant. What it is saying is that the Christmas bubbles don't override this rule - you could have eight people in a bubble, but that doesn't mean you can all go to the pub together. 

Pretty sure I read something saying you can't go to hospitality with your Christmas bubble:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-55056375

5 minutes ago, duke88 said:

The Christmas bubble applies to someone’s house you’ll be going to in those 5 days, but not out in a hospitality setting. Separate from that is the tier rules so if you are in tier 1 you could meet people not in your bubble in a pub (where you are supposed to social distance from them). 

Edited by Ozanne

27 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I was wondering why my nan has got bang on the smack recently (didn't want to be impolite and ask though - so ta for clearing that one up),

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So now thanks to the ridiculous pressure because of the Christmas relaxations I'm in the brilliant position of having to go and stay with my girlfriend's parents, while refusing to see my own family on principle. Because they're only worried about fines and not the virus it seems - that's the only reason they wouldn't break the rules even for a socially distanced walk 

Despite the fact my dad is having my brother there, who lives with someone who works in an office. I'm still refusing. It's completely wrong. 

I just want it to be January...

Edited by efcfanwirral