When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

22 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

She certainly could have, but that would have meant going it alone, and until now the devolved nations have done a pretty good job of staying aligned even when England has decided to do it's own thing. Even if it's against her better judgement it would be a difficult message to give to Scotland that everyone else in the UK will be doing something different for Christmas but they just need to suck it up.

That being said, my close family back home is exactly three households (my parents, 1 set of aunt and uncle and 1 more aunt) who always usually spend Christmas together. They're were all pretty vocal on Facebook last night that they think the whole idea is mental and will be continuing to isolate as normal despite the easing of restrictions. If my aunt who lives alone is so strong in taking that view it's difficult to see who this benefits.

That’s interesting to hear about your family, it seems a lot of people feel the same too.

I know what you mean by going it alone, it would look odd but if she feels it’s the better, safer course of action she should’ve stuck to that and sold it to her country. 

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Does anyone else's parent's literally not give a s**t about the virus or taking precautions?

Not to say my parents are going mental and breaking all the rules as to be honest even in "normal" times their life's wouldn't be doing so but they just have a general disregard to the dangers the virus could pose them (both mid 60's)

Last Saturday they turned up at our house and let themselves in for instance without batting an eyelid. I literally had to tell them to leave. We eventually settled on speaking to them as they stood in our back garden and we stood at the entrance to our back doors (yes breaking the rule but better than them being in the house)

After 6 months, ive found most peoples parent i know are sick of lockdown and arent really caring any more. 

1 minute ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Sturgeons Twitter was alive last night with almost unanimous condemnation of the decision from her supporters. Yes, this is only a snap shot of people up here but she has never before had the level of backlash (from her voters) before during this pandemic. 

People don't have to mix though. There's a certain amount of responsibility as well. (Though i appreciate the community spread increasing generally is less than ideal)

10 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Does anyone else's parent's literally not give a s**t about the virus or taking precautions?

Not to say my parents are going mental and breaking all the rules as to be honest even in "normal" times their life's wouldn't be doing so but they just have a general disregard to the dangers the virus could pose them (both mid 60's)

Last Saturday they turned up at our house and let themselves in for instance without batting an eyelid. I literally had to tell them to leave. We eventually settled on speaking to them as they stood in our back garden and we stood at the entrance to our back doors (yes breaking the rule but better than them being in the house)

Mine are pretty careful and taking it seriously, but then they're pretty old so more vulnerable.

6 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Sturgeons Twitter was alive last night with almost unanimous condemnation of the decision from her supporters. Yes, this is only a snap shot of people up here but she has never before had the level of backlash (from her voters) before during this pandemic. 

Moaning about allowing some mixing over christmas, or moaning about keeping some restrictions?

12 minutes ago, priest17 said:

No one else here live in a flatshare? There's 3 of us so I guess if we do it proper I've got a households in Birmingham and Coventry in my bubble and I'm the only one my parents can see (I'm a middle child so that isn't happening ahah)

There are different rules for flatshares. The Guardian article @Ozanne linked on the last page explains it, but you can basically all leave your flat and join another household for those five days to form a new Christmas bubble from there. I think.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, priest17 said:

No one else here live in a flatshare? There's 3 of us so I guess if we do it proper I've got a households in Birmingham and Coventry in my bubble and I'm the only one my parents can see (I'm a middle child so that isn't happening ahah)

@Zoo Music Girl is correct, in your case if you feel it’s the right course of action you can form a Christmas bubble with 2 other households not connected to your flat share.

17 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Thats interesting. It seems like she’s going against the grain up in Scotland. Her message last night seemed a bit ridiculous, ‘we are allowing you to do something, but please don’t do it’. If you don’t want people to do it then don’t allow it and engage with people to explain why you aren’t allowing it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

There are different rules for flatshares. The Guardian article @Ozanne linked on the last page explains it, but you can basically all leave your flat and join another household for those five days to form a new Christmas bubble from there. I think.

So basically each bubble must contain people from a maximum of three households, but you don’t necessarily need to stay in the same bubble as your entire household? 

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

@Zoo Music Girl is correct, in your case if you feel it’s the right course of action you can form a Christmas bubble with 2 other households not connected to your flat share. 

Ta

19 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A mate of mine who works in the NHS says that vaccination appointments are being made for the 7th. 

Shit. Is. Getting. Real.

One of my mates is booked for the 14th December. But i suspect its just in case, we need to see if i gets past the regulators

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

One of my mates is booked for the 14th December. But i suspect its just in case, we need to see if i gets past the regulators

I know it's not certain, but it's certainly expected.  "Just in case" makes it sound unlikely to go ahead.  These are plans being made assuming it will be approved.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

If this is too personal then tell me to shut up but what age is your mate? Or he does he have long term health conditions?

Also where is the vaccination meant to happen, is it GP or somewhere new?

Eh, how come the over-60s are going mental and breaking the rules? Aren't they more at risk?! I'm not even in an at risk group - but I still find the rules pretty easy to stick by generally (I mean, the current lockdown has only been three weeks so far!).

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

If this is too personal then tell me to shut up but what age is your mate? Or he does he have long term health conditions?

Also where is the vaccination meant to happen, is it GP or somewhere new?

oh, shes a NHS worker in the south west. No issues as far as i know, DUnno where

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Eh, how come the over-60s are going mental and breaking the rules? Aren't they more at risk?! I'm not even in an at risk group - but I still find the rules pretty easy to stick by generally (I mean, the current lockdown has only been three weeks so far!).

It’s only a small portion I think that are breaking them, the majority I know of stick to them.  

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

The current lokcdown may have only been 3 weeks so far for you, but for us up North its been pretty much the same from March up to now :lol: we had the big lockdown then straight into tier 3 and now this haha!! (i only say this cos I'm jealous if you had a little break from it all :) )

I have a grandma on my dad's side whos in her 80's and she's well scared so has been following all the rules (shes very asthmatic as well as lots of other health issues) but my grom & grandad on my mum's side, both in their 60's have had enough and - in the words of my grandad - are "still going about their business" 🙄 

Some people listen, some people dont I guess :D