When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I know you don't care what anyone thinks but just to say that I think that you will be within the rules anyway. If you all live alone then you could be two of the old style bubbles (single households can join another) so are actually only two households mixing. Presuming they keep the old bubbles?! 

It all does just start to get a bit ludicrous when you have all these conflicting specific restrictions. 

Rules for Christmas haven’t been published here yet, but they leaked this evening (they tend to do that, see how they fly with the public first!)...no specific numbers on households being planned, just asking people to be sensible and to try to plan to have just the one big gathering over the Christmas...also to try and stick to just seeing those people for the duration. Seems reasonable to me, there’s a chance most people will actually follow the recommendations and we still have another week or so of level 5 anyway, so hopefully cases will be lower again before we start a phased easing of them.

15 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Rules for Christmas haven’t been published here yet, but they leaked this evening (they tend to do that, see how they fly with the public first!)...no specific numbers on households being planned, just asking people to be sensible and to try to plan to have just the one big gathering over the Christmas...also to try and stick to just seeing those people for the duration. Seems reasonable to me, there’s a chance most people will actually follow the recommendations and we still have another week or so of level 5 anyway, so hopefully cases will be lower again before we start a phased easing of them.

I actually think that kind of guidance is a lot clearer and easier to follow.

But I also think your government has handled it better throughout so shouldn't be a surprise!

Have they clarified about cross-border visits? I know the NI politicians were wanting something on that.

12 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I actually think that kind of guidance is a lot clearer and easier to follow.

But I also think your government has handled it better throughout so shouldn't be a surprise!

Have they clarified about cross-border visits? I know the NI politicians were wanting something on that.

They haven’t yet, but they’ve said inter county travel will restart in Christmas week, so presumably that’s when it will be allowed. We’re still on a 5km travel restriction, expecting that to be eased to maybe 20km when non-essential retail opens back up again at the start of December, though they might wait a week and do it step by step. Wet pubs likely to stay closed throughout, though gyms and pools opening when shops do! 

1 hour ago, Punksnotdead said:

I will be spending xmas day with my mum, my daughter & my brother - all of whom live alone - and I don't give a fuck what the government or anyone on this forum thinks!

According to the rules posted by @crazyfool1 as long as two of the four people mentioned have formed their own support bubble they count as a single household and it looks like you’ll be fully legal to celebrate. Not that it was going to stop you anyway 🥳

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

According to the rules posted by @crazyfool1 as long as two of the four people mentioned have formed their own support bubble they count as a single household and it looks like you’ll be fully legal to celebrate. Not that it was going to stop you anyway 🥳

Which I can do, so I’ve been thinking and for people in my position it would be 4 households in reality which just adds to the risk in my head anyway 😂 

So, basically, can go back to Bristol from London with my wife for five days - but I have to spend the time with my family only. And that will exclude seeing any friends.

Am actually starting to think it might be more 'responsible' for the two of us to just get on a plane and sod off abroad on our own for a week.

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

So, basically, can go back to Bristol from London with my wife for five days - but I have to spend the time with my family only. And that will exclude seeing any friends.

Am actually starting to think it might be more 'responsible' for the two of us to just get on a plane and sod off abroad on our own for a week.

Depending on what tier Bristol and London are in, you can still meet friends outside your Christmas bubble (might have to be outside).

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Depending on what tier Bristol and London are in, you can still meet friends outside your Christmas bubble (might have to be outside).

Yeah the rules state you can meet people outside the bubble but it can't be in your home but it varies on the tier you're in 

Screenshot_20201124-205914_Chrome.jpg

14 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Yeah the rules state you can meet people outside the bubble but it can't be in your home but it varies on the tier you're in 

Screenshot_20201124-205914_Chrome.jpg

So in theory depending on your tier you could meet friends in a pub on Christmas Eve?

Edited by Ozanne

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

I thought that was just the M.O. of Boris and Cummings, seems it’s done outside the UK as well. 

18 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Poor Rory Stewart. Hope MI6 will take him back.

He dropped out didn’t he?