When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I’m going to assume it will be 3 in total. 

I’ll be doing the usual plan with my housemate and we’ll invite over a mate or two who would otherwise be spending their Christmas alone. 

This will fall within the allowed rules and keep things chilled without it being a mental party. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m going to assume it will be 3 in total. 

I’ll be doing the usual plan with my housemate and we’ll invite over a mate or two who would otherwise be spending their Christmas alone. 

This will fall within the allowed rules and keep things chilled without it being a mental party. 

Yeah so for example you can't see household A and household B at the same time if household A is also seeing household C? If sticking to the rules anyway. This shit fries my brain!

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah so for example you can't see household A and household B at the same time if household A is also seeing household C? If sticking to the rules anyway. This shit fries my brain!

I’m hoping I can invite over households B & C at the same time. But they’ll be the only households I’ll be mixing with during the allowed days. 

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Sounds like once 3 households selected it's only these 3 you can see over the 5 covid free days

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

And presumably if the household you see sees another household then they are part of your bubble regardless of whether you see them. If you see what I mean.

I would say so, otherwise the mixing could get a lot bigger if each household has 3 different bubbles each

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

And presumably if the household you see sees another household then they are part of your bubble regardless of whether you see them. If you see what I mean.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean.

A lot of our friends are ex-students who have stayed in the local area after uni but because of their work shifts they usually can’t go back home for Christmas.

We’ll still be able to invite a couple of people over as long as they don’t have anyone else to see in the same period. 

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So if A sees B and B sees C, A and C are in a bubble even if they don’t see each other? That’s how I understand it. 

Think this might actually get adhered to by and large.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

How does this work with tiers though? If you’re in their 1, presumably you can still see up to 6 indoors. So Is this bubble thing just for tiers 2 and 3?

in theory it would mean more than 6 people across 3 households so I see it applicable for all tiers over the 5 days and then revert back to tier rules before/after

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

in theory it would mean more than 6 people across 3 households so I see it applicable for all tiers over the 5 days and then revert back to tier rules before/after

I guess. So I suppose if you’re in tier 1 you may well be able to see some family before Christmas, then two different households over Christmas?

Not that I’m too bothered! Two households is fine by me - just means a lovely quiet Christmas 😂

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Not that I’m too bothered! Two households is fine by me - just means a lovely quiet Christmas 😂

My mum will be able to see both of my sisters and all of their noisy kids and unfortunately I’m going to have to avoid all those tantrums and squabbles. I’m gutted. 

3 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

So if A sees B and B sees C, A and C are in a bubble even if they don’t see each other? That’s how I understand it. 

Think this might actually get adhered to by and large.

Doesn’t really work too well with in-laws does it? If me and my partner both select our parents, then our parents will also be grouped together and can’t see anyone else.

Not sure people will follow that. People will pick two households and not worry any more about it. So we’ll pick our parents, and our parents will pick us + another household etc

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I guess. So I suppose if you’re in tier 1 you may well be able to see some family before Christmas, then two different households over Christmas?

Yeah I suppose you would... tbh I've been in tier 2, tier 2+, tier 3 and then lockdown, I've actually forgot what it was like to meet people freely and w/out worry :( 

4 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Would the rules imply that if I've bubbled with 2 other households I wouldn't be allowed to see another friend 1:1 on a socially distanced walk during the period? 

Why not just use your common sense? Better that than wait for precise instructions from the state about minutia of detail about what you can do with every single aspect of your life?

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Doesn’t really work too well with in-laws does it? If me and my partner both select our parents, then our parents will also be grouped together and can’t see anyone else.

Not sure people will follow that. People will pick two households and not worry any more about it. So we’ll pick our parents, and our parents will pick us + another household etc

Think the rationale is everyone gets someone to bubble up with rather than everyone meeting.

Its the balance between being so restrictive it’ll gets wholesale disobeyed and so lax it’s open to abuse- if everyone gets to pick 2 other households you may as well not bother really given the amount of potential transmissions.