When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They were due to break up on the Wednesday in Stockport, but all schools are shutting on the Friday, with "home schooling" Monday and Tuesday.

Ha. Home schooling on Monday and Tuesday of Christmas week will be a roaring success.

Just now, jparx said:

Ha. Home schooling on Monday and Tuesday of Christmas week will be a roaring success.

If it’s the same idea as “working from home” between Christmas and new year then the kids are in for a treat. I used to book the week off as annual leave every year before realising I was scamming myself out of an extra week’s holiday by not just putting myself down to WFH 

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

If it’s the same idea as “working from home” between Christmas and new year then the kids are in for a treat. I used to book the week off as annual leave every year before realising I was scamming myself out of an extra week’s holiday by not just putting myself down to WFH 

Before I went freelance I was so lucky as we were closed for that week, no extra holidays needed. The bosses wanted the time off, the clients weren't in the office so it made sense 

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

that makes total sense to me ... never did any work then anyway ... :) 

yeah...but they feel like they're catching up so need as much time as possible, they do in my kid's year anyway (year 11). Hopefully Williamson can actually announce what the plan is for exams next summer so they can have some clarity. If he just keeps saying they should go ahead as normal but with a 3 week delay that is not going to help things, because it is impossible for them to go ahead as normal...too many kids have missed too much school.

Just now, steviewevie said:

yeah...but they feel like they're catching up so need as much time as possible, they do in my kid's year anyway (year 11). Hopefully Williamson can actually announce what the plan is for exams next summer so they can have some clarity. If he just keeps saying they should go ahead as normal but with a 3 week delay that is not going to help things, because it is impossible for them to go ahead as normal...too many kids have missed too much school.

some will be catching up .... some will be falling further behind comparatively ... depending on how lucky you are with covid rates in your area ... some kids will be in and out of school like yo-yos thanks to bo-jo .... clarity has been the issue throughout !!

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

oh just on some of the data ... cases dropped quite significantly .... but looks like delays in reporting so will jump back a bit tomorrow 

So what I said on the previous page, one day people might realise I know a tiny bit about what I’m talking about 😜

Edited by Ozanne

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Spain are hoping to vaccinate 2.5million people by the end of March.

I know they don't have as much capacity as the UK (because of Oxford/Astrazeneca) but it still does look a far more realistic number than the crazily ambitious numbers that I'd seen floated out on here.

And they say they'll get rid of social distancing by then.

27 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I have no sympathy for people who take their legal advice from bloody social media, probably started by some smart arse who were thinking they were clever dragging this old thing that only helped a few rich folk hundreds of years ago :(