When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Number of deaths obviously a concern and upsetting.

Positive case numbers though... WOW.

yep of course .... thats going to take a while longer to filter through ... but cases getting so low I thought it was a mistake .... shows what they could have done without delaying it !!!

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The question is has testing dropped because capacity is overwhelmed or because less people are asking for a test?

If it’s the latter then there’s likely to be a genuine improvement. But tbh, we’ve been in lockdown for nearly 3 weeks. I’d be amazed if the numbers weren’t dropping. 

What makes you think 'lockdown' has any significant effect on the number of 'cases'?

17 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Number of deaths obviously a concern and upsetting.

Positive case numbers though... WOW.

Exactly the right tone to take, it's good news to see the cases dropping like this but it's also a saddening reminder of how locking down a few weeks earlier could have made such a difference 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The question is has testing dropped because capacity is overwhelmed or because less people are asking for a test?

If it’s the latter then there’s likely to be a genuine improvement. But tbh, we’ve been in lockdown for nearly 3 weeks. I’d be amazed if the numbers weren’t dropping. 

I would hope with testing increased and cases dropping we shouldn't be in that position again .... maybe a reporting error but that normally means delays in publishing the data .... we had a decent drop yesterday im hoping this is a continuation 

I don’t think it’s a surprise when testing numbers drop by circa 60k that cases will also see a decline too. As we’ve said for a while don’t take an individual day at face value, wait and see if this is the trend or an outlier. Just like we did for the day that we had 33k cases. 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Should we shut schools 1 week earlier for Christmas ? my thoughts .... but numbers are starting to cause major issues now 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-55057125

Chaos at my kid's school, they're all in a state of panic trying to cram what might be in GCSE into kids heads when they don't know if exams will actually go ahead or if they do in what form. They're not really doing much useful learning. Plus, loads of kids and teachers still having to stay home because of covid.

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Should we shut schools 1 week earlier for Christmas ? my thoughts .... but numbers are starting to cause major issues now 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-55057125

They were due to break up on the Wednesday in Stockport, but all schools are shutting on the Friday, with "home schooling" Monday and Tuesday.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Chaos at my kid's school, they're all in a state of panic trying to cram what might be in GCSE into kids heads when they don't know if exams will actually go ahead or if they do in what form. They're not really doing much useful learning. Plus, loads of kids and teachers still having to stay home because of covid.

its a disaster .... that extra week at Christmas might allow for a reset somewhat .... I know @vintagelaureate has loads of bubbles out and several teachers and a headteacher .... this could also make things a little safer for the visits (of some to Grandparents )