When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Labour NEC squabbling, helping Bojo and his chums to literally get away with murder.

Tbf I don’t think there’s many in the general public that care about the Labour NEC and what’s going on so I think it’ll go under the radar. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Tbf I don’t think there’s many in the general public that care about the Labour NEC and what’s going on so I think it’ll go under the radar. 

true...but it shows how there is a battle going on within labour...which could well become more noticable when any antisemitism inquiries start up, and also as get closer to the next general election.

Health Committee

Q: If all vulnerable people are vaccinated by Easter, what will the social distancing rules be from then?

Hancock says it will depend on the data.

Vaccine trials can successfully test for whether they protect an individual.

In the AstraZeneca trial, there is also some evidence that it is having an impact on transmission too, he says.

But he says you cannot calibrate the impact mathematically until a large number of people have been vaccinate.

Q: Will we be back to normal after Easter?

Hancock says:

After Easter we think we will be getting back to normal.

He says some habits, like hand washing, should continue.

But he says he hopes that it will be possible to lift the damaging social distancing measures after Easter.

20 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The Metro has published a likely list of Tier 3 areas. 

6ADFD778-7FEC-4A52-AB09-32A62CEE45DC.thumb.jpeg.185da4e9df9572ea9aaa1c4c0c21d714.jpeg

If that's all that ends up in tier 3 that's a worrying level of acceptance of the numbers below that, with the knowledge that give even a little bit of rope that most places will end up in tier 3 within a couple of weeks anyway

18 hours ago, incident said:

So I've been reading the document..

People have mentioned that spectators for Indoor Sport can return at the lower of 50% / 1000 people in Tiers 1 and 2 - but according to the document that's not just sport, it's also "Live Performances" ie gigs? That's just about workable if a promoter wants to try it (and is prepared to risk that the area might be moved to Tier 3).

Yeah socially distanced gigs had been happening before lockdown too. Very hard to make them financially viable though.

17 hours ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

There is no long term data - what if all the people injected with it drop dead in three years, or if they all go blind, or hair falls out or something we just don't know yet. Granted it's very unlikely but we don't know. 

If everyone who want it has it what difference does it make if I choose not to? You as a vaccinated person can probably still give me the virus and I will get as poorly as my body allows. If I have the virus and I give it to you you have increased protection. 

If there are any universal serious impacts for everyone that takes it, the world will be fucked anyway...

35 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

If that's all that ends up in tier 3 that's a worrying level of acceptance of the numbers below that, with the knowledge that give even a little bit of rope that most places will end up in tier 3 within a couple of weeks anyway

Didn't Johnson say most places would be in a higher tier than they were before lockdown? Or did he just mean that the restrictions they face are stricter?

30 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Yeah socially distanced gigs had been happening before lockdown too. Very hard to make them financially viable though.

If there are any universal serious impacts for everyone that takes it, the world will be fucked anyway...

I'll save mankind then, and ticket day will be easier.

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Didn't Johnson say most places would be in a higher tier than they were before lockdown? Or did he just mean that the restrictions they face are stricter?

Restrictions will be stricter. What was tier 3 before is now tier 2. The new tier 3 is basically the current lockdown but withs gyms and hairdressers open. 

Edited by squirrelarmy

8 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Restrictions will be stricter. What was tier 3 before is now tier 2. The new tier 3 is basically the current lockdown but withs gyms and hairdressers open. 

Yeah I know the restrictions are stricter. I'm just wondering whether Boris said, as I thought he did, that most people would be in a higher tier than before or just the tiers were stricter. I think maybe both:

Many regions in England 'facing tier three restrictions'

"A lot" of areas of England are likely to be placed into the highest tier of restrictions when the national lockdown ends, a science adviser to the government has said.

Dr Mike Tildesley, a member of the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Modelling (SPI-M), told BBC Breakfast there was "fairly good evidence" that measures on areas in tier thee [the highest tier] were "probably sufficient" to take the R number below 1.

If the R number is lower than 1, the disease will eventually stop spreading, because not enough new people are being infected to sustain the outbreak.

He said: "I would expect that probably initially quite a lot of regions may find themselves in tier three but we may find some kind of stepwise move out of that."

Dr Tildesley added: "It may be initially we might see slightly more severe tiers but then when we start to see the effect of the lockdown, one to two weeks after the lockdown finishes on 2 December, we might see some regions stepwise dropping down the tiers."

Article share tools